- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera
- Moto Maker now available in China
- OnePlus to announce something interesting on June 1
- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
Samsung Galaxy S Plus: DoomNEXUS Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM
Doomsday94 has finally released this custom ROM named Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DoomNEXUS ROM for the Galaxy S Plus series and is now available online for download. This is a test version therefore we expect few bugs and errors in this version until further updates for this ROM. We will be sharing with you the simple steps to upgrade your device with this ROM so that even you can enjoy the beautiful Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S Plus.
Before installing this update keep in mind:
- A backup of the device data should be made and if your phone is rooted previously then make a backup of the current ROM as well.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed in the phone.
- This is a custom ROM so installing this will void warranty.
Steps to Install DoomNEXUS Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Plus:
- Download the firmware package and Google apps package and transfer it to the phone SD card using USB cable.
- Power off the phone and restart it in recovery mode. (to enter into recovery mode, hold the volume down key and switch it on using the power key simultaneously. Navigate using volume keys and select using power key).
- After the phone restarts in ClockworkMod recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset”. Then return back to the previous menu.
- Now select “Install from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package and start the installation. Similarly install the Google apps package into the device.
- After the installation is complete, restart the device which might take some time.
Finally, after a successful reboot your Galaxy S Plus will be running the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DoomNEXUS ROM. If you have any query regarding the above procedure then you are free to ask us in comments section.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013