- Micromax Canvas A1 based on Android One – Specs and Features
- Spice UNO Mi 498 based on Android one – Specs and Features
- China made face recognition system with 99% success rate for payment gateways
- IUNI U3 Launched With Some Remarkable Specs and Features
- Micromax And Karbonn Will Launch Android One Tomorrow (15 September)
- LG launches G2 Lite to compete with new Moto G
- Android applications list for Chrome OS unveiled
- Moto X Pure Edition Will Be Launched In September
- Android KitKat 4.4 is running on 24.5% devices – September
- LG Launched 2 Smartphones Fino and Bello
Install CyanogenMod 10 based Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy mini S5570
If you use Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 and are longing for a better firmware version, then you no longer will have to face disappointment. I am talking about the all new CM10 (Cyanogen Mod) Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware which has Google Apps and Jelly Bean UI as additions.
The firmware is definitely eligible for becoming the user’s choice. But it still has some defects. Some of the functions do not go well with this firmware such as camcorder, HQ video-playback, Wi-Fi and USB tethering. So to install this firmware fulfil the requirements mentioned below and then follow the given steps.
- This firmware can be only to devices with model name: Samsung Galaxy mini S5570. Trying it on some other device may lead to damage to the system.
- This is an unofficial version. Rooting the device implies no warranty and it can be restored by applying an official firmware.
- Follow the process if and only if you understand everything being asked to do. Ask all the queries you have, we are happy to help.
- Any harm to your device during the installation is completely your responsibility and we are not to be blamed for any damage.
- While installing, if your device sticks to the Samsung logo or elsewhere, restart it and follow all the steps again.
- USB Debugging: For this, look for Applications option in the Settings menu. There, search for an option named Development and therefore ‘enable USB Debugging’.
- Battery: Your phone will be able to survive throughout procedure only if it has at least 50% charged battery.
- Rooting: If you have used any of the firmwares earlier, you may know that these custom ROM firmwares will be installed if and only if your device is rooted and “Root checker” App (Google PLAY Store) will help you in checking the same.
- Backup: Installing this update will erase all the data and of course you don’t want the data on your Galaxy mini S5570 to vanish. So as a precaution, keep a backup for all of it. And if you think PC Suite – KIES is most suitable for the job, then I am sorry to say but that won’t work with these firmwares. You have only one choice left: manually take backup of each and everything. You can use various apps for SMSs and Call Logs. You can transfer Images, video, audio, files, etc to some external card or to your PC.
- Anti-virus programs: You got to disable every security suite and anti-virus program installed in your computer as these disturb the installing process.
Steps to install CM10 (Cyanogen Mod) Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware in Galaxy mini S5570:
- Get the package: To install this firmware, you will first need its package – “Jelly Bean CM10 Firmware package (try this if the previous doesn’t work)” in your Samsung Galaxy mini S5570. You will also need “Google Apps Package”. If you don’t have it then download the same and transfer it to your device’s internal SDcard via USB cable.
- Enter Recovery mode: For this either use ROM Manager App or hold Home + Power keys. When you reach Recovery Mode, click the option “Wipe Data/factory reset” and then after, choose “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Choose the package: Option – “Install Zip from SDcard” is to be selected and then select “Choose zip from SD card”. After this, select the downloaded zip files which were transferred to your phone, firstly the firmware package and then the Google Apps.
- Booting: The device now boots taking longer than usual. It takes about 5 minutes for successfully installing such firmwares.
- Force Close Errors: In that case, go back to recovery mode and choose “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
That’s it. You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 CM10 firmware successfully. To verify this, check the firmware version by selecting “About Phone” option in “Settings”.
Latest posts by Ekta Jalan (see all)
- Motorola Xoom: Galaxy Nexus 7 Styled Firmware Update - September 27, 2012
- Tutorial: Sony Xperia Ray One-Click Rooting on ICS 4.0.4 - September 25, 2012
- Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 - September 25, 2012