- Facebook is about to launch a new app – Moments
- Google made the kernel source code of Android One public
- LG is launching its first clamshell smartphone – LG Wine Smart
- Club Samsung 2.0 announced, will be available from 30 Sept
- LG G3 Beat launched today, includes G3 features – Price 25K
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 – Drops from 11,990 to 7,990 INR
- Offline YouTube – Another gift for Indians from Google after Android One
- Google Play Services 6.1 update improves Drive, Fit & Analytics
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – The Selfie Smartphone Will Be Launched Soon
- Eddy Tablet introduced by Metis Learning for kids in India
iPhone – How to change IMEI number using ZiPhone
IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity number is a code having 15-17 digits which can be used to identify any phone on a network. This number is very important for security purposes as this can be used to identify lost or stolen phones. But if you are looking for a way to change your IMEI number on your iPhone or simple have a personalized IMEI code, there is a way using ZiPhone to do the same. Here we have the tutorial to change the IMEI number of your iPhone.
- The iPhone should be unlocked. Changing the IMEI number works on 4.6 BL (112 and 113 ootb).
- Jailbreak your iPhone.
- Activating the new IMEI number works on every OS version except youtube on 1.0.X.
- Changing the IMEI number will void the warranty of your iPhone.
- Do not change the IMEI number of any stolen iPhone since it is illegal.
Step by step guide to change the IMEI number
- Download the ZiPhone software from this LINK and extract the package.
- Now run the Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Run dialog box. The Run dialog box can be accessed by pressing Windows+R.
- Now start the phone in recovery mode. Press the Sleep/Wake and Power button and hold till the Apple logo is visible. Then release the Sleep/Wake button and the iTunes logo with a cable will appear on the screen. Connect the iPhone to the PC in this mode.
- In the Command Prompt, type in the address of the folder location of the ZiPhone.cd Desktop/ZiPhone
- Then Type in ZiPhone. All the uses of the software will be displayed which includes activation, jailbreak and unlock.
- If you are using a 4.6 BL iPhone then type in:ziphone-u-i a123456789012345Here instead of 123456789012345, insert the required IMEI number.
- Now the software will start functioning and will search for the zibri.dat file. Once completed, the phone will reboot automatically.
You’re done! You have successfully changed the IMEI number of your phone. If you have any queries then do comment below and we will get in touch shortly.
How To Change IMEI Number of Android -
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013