- LG G3 – Leaked Specs and Pictures
- Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Coming Soon for Sprint Nexus 5
- Android 4.4 KitKat update is on 1.8% Android smartphones only
- Exchange old smartphone with Moto G and get Rs. 2000 off on Flipkart
- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS: Jailbreaking iOS 6.1 Beta 4 with RedSnow 0.9.15b3
Recently Apple has launched its new iOS 6.1 beta update specifically for its developers for evaluation and surprisingly its tethered jailbreak is already out. The developers are really getting better at their jobs it seems. The beta update is available for download in the Apple’s developer site. I will be putting together the steps to jailbreak your Apple devices in some easy steps. The current jailbreak method is tethered and supports all the iOS devices like iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS. Do not try this with iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5G though. We will be using a tool named RedSn0w version 0.9.15b3 to jailbreak.
So let us proceed towards the jailbreaking process.
Step by step guide for Jailbreaking iOS 6.1 Beta 4 in iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS:
- Update your iOS device with the latest iOS 6.0 from the above link. Now go to the Apple’s developer site and download the iOS 6.1 beta 4 for your device.
- Click on the above link and download the tool RedSn0w 0.9.15b3.
- Now connect your iOS device to the PC. Start the RedSn0w application.
- Once the application opens, start your iOS device in DFU mode.
- Now in the RedSn0w application, click on extras and select IPSW. Then choose the iOS 6.0 IPSW package.
- Once you selected the package, go back and select Jailbreak. The application will take some time to process it. Once it’s done, check the “Install Cydia” option. To confirm the installation click Next.
- The process will start and might take some time so wait patiently. After the installation is complete, the device will reboot automatically into the default lockscreen.
- Using RedSn0w run the DFU mode in your device again.
- Again follow the same procedure and select the iOS 6.0 firmware in IPSW. Now click on Boot tethered. When this completes, a pineapple logo will show up during boot instead of the usual Apple logo. This confirms that you have successfully tethered the boot.
- You will see the lockscreen of your device. Unlock it and head over to the Cydia application. Launch it and follow the onscreen instructions.
You’re done! Once the last step is complete you will have a jailbreaked iOS 6.1 beta 4 on your iOS device. Do make sure that you follow each step as described and you will face no problem in jailbreaking your device. If you do have any queries, comment below and we will be there to solve your queries.