- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone
- Intex Aqua Xtreme V – Launched for 11,290 INR (16 GB)
- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS: Jailbreaking iOS 6.1 Beta 4 with RedSnow 0.9.15b3
Recently Apple has launched its new iOS 6.1 beta update specifically for its developers for evaluation and surprisingly its tethered jailbreak is already out. The developers are really getting better at their jobs it seems. The beta update is available for download in the Apple’s developer site. I will be putting together the steps to jailbreak your Apple devices in some easy steps. The current jailbreak method is tethered and supports all the iOS devices like iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS. Do not try this with iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5G though. We will be using a tool named RedSn0w version 0.9.15b3 to jailbreak.
So let us proceed towards the jailbreaking process.
Step by step guide for Jailbreaking iOS 6.1 Beta 4 in iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS:
- Update your iOS device with the latest iOS 6.0 from the above link. Now go to the Apple’s developer site and download the iOS 6.1 beta 4 for your device.
- Click on the above link and download the tool RedSn0w 0.9.15b3.
- Now connect your iOS device to the PC. Start the RedSn0w application.
- Once the application opens, start your iOS device in DFU mode.
- Now in the RedSn0w application, click on extras and select IPSW. Then choose the iOS 6.0 IPSW package.
- Once you selected the package, go back and select Jailbreak. The application will take some time to process it. Once it’s done, check the “Install Cydia” option. To confirm the installation click Next.
- The process will start and might take some time so wait patiently. After the installation is complete, the device will reboot automatically into the default lockscreen.
- Using RedSn0w run the DFU mode in your device again.
- Again follow the same procedure and select the iOS 6.0 firmware in IPSW. Now click on Boot tethered. When this completes, a pineapple logo will show up during boot instead of the usual Apple logo. This confirms that you have successfully tethered the boot.
- You will see the lockscreen of your device. Unlock it and head over to the Cydia application. Launch it and follow the onscreen instructions.
You’re done! Once the last step is complete you will have a jailbreaked iOS 6.1 beta 4 on your iOS device. Do make sure that you follow each step as described and you will face no problem in jailbreaking your device. If you do have any queries, comment below and we will be there to solve your queries.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013