- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
Installing ICS Omega 15 Custom ROM in Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100
Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Omega 15 Update
Omega 15 is the new word in the field of Custom ROM Firmware. This new firmware version can be applied to Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. It comes as a host to all the ICS features and a lot more additional Android Apps to it. This is a third-party product and is not released by Samsung officially.
- USB Debugging: It is required that you have USB Debugging enabled in the phone. To do this, look for Applications option in the Settings menu. There, search for an option named Development and therefore ‘enable USB Debugging’.
- Battery: Your phone will be able to survive the procedure only if it has at least 50% charged battery.
- Rooting: If you have used any of the firmwares earlier, you may know that these custom ROM firmwares will be installed if and only if your device is rooted and “Root checker” App (Google PLAY Store) will help you in checking the same.
- Backup: Installing this update will erase all the data and of course you don’t want the data on your phone to vanish. So as a precaution, keep a backup for all of it. And if you think KIES PC Suite will do it all for you, then I am sorry to say but that won’t work with these firmwares. You have only one choice left: manually take backup of each and everything. You can use various apps for SMSs, Call Logs. You can transfer Images, video, audio, files, etc to some external card or to your PC.
- This firmware can be only to devices with model name: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Trying it on some other device may lead to damage to the system.
- Any harm to your device during the installation is completely your responsibility and we are not to be blamed for any damage. So, follow the process after you understand everything being asked to do. Ask all the queries you have, we are happy to help.
- While installing, if your device sticks somewhere, restart it and repeat the steps.
Steps to installing ICS Omega 15 Custom ROM in Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100:
- Get the package: To install this firmware, you will first need its package – “Omega 15 Custom ROM firmware” in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100. If you don’t have it then download the same and transfer it to your device’s internal SDcard via USB cable. Switch Off your phone now.
- Enter Recovery mode: For this, either use “ROM Manager App” or & hold Volume Up + Home + Power keys. Retry this, if your phone still turns ON normally.
- Clear data: Once you reach Recovery Mode, select “Wipe Data/factory Reset” >> “Wipe Cache”.
- Choose the package: Option – “Install Zip from SDcard” is to be selected and then select “Choose zip from SD card”. After this, select the downloaded Omega 15 zip file which was transferred to your phone. Now wait for about 5 minutes after which you reach Recovery Mode.
- Return and boot: Choose “Go Back” >> “reboot system now”. This will boot the device in normal mode and this may take longer than a minute. In case it doesn’t reach the home screen within 5 minutes, remove the battery and insert that again.
That’s it. You have now updated your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Omega 15 Custom ROM Firmware successfully. To verify this, check the firmware version by selecting “About Phone” option in “Settings”.