- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001
For Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001, now CyanogenMod 10 Firmware is released. This is the latest CM10 and is an improved version, advanced one and free from bugs from the older versions. The firmware comes rich in Jellybean features. Also this is no official version by Samsung and is a Custom ROM firmware. Though the firmware has enhanced features but yet there are some issues with Headset Audio and Camera. Rest everything works smoothly with this firmware. to install it in your device, read ahead.
- This firmware can be only to devices with model name: Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001. Trying it on some other device may lead to damage to the system.
- Any harm to your device during the installation is completely your responsibility and we are not to be blamed for any damage. So, follow the process after you understand everything being asked to do. Ask all the queries you have, we are happy to help.
- While installing, if your device sticks somewhere, restart it and repeat the steps.
- Rooting: If you have used any of the firmwares earlier, you may know that these custom ROM firmwares will be installed if and only if your device is rooted and “Root checker” App (Google PLAY Store) will help you in checking the same.
- ROM Manager: Download ROM Manager App from Google Play Store. But never use ROM Manager App to backup the current ROM in your device because there a chance that it will brick your device.
- Anti-Virus: disable all the anti-virus and security suites from the computer to complete the process without any sort of interrupts.
- Enable USB debugging: It is required that you have USB Debugging enabled in Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001. To do this, look for Applications option in the Settings menu. There, search for an option named Development and therefore ‘enable USB Debugging.
- Backup: Installing this update will erase all the data and of course you don’t want the data on your phone to vanish. So as a precaution, keep a backup for all of it. And if you think PC Suite will do it all for you, then I am sorry to say but that won’t work with these firmwares. You have only one choice left: manually backup of each and everything. You can use various apps for SMSs, Call Logs. You can transfer Images, video, audio, files, etc to some external card or to your PC.
- Battery: Your Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 will be able to survive the procedure only if it has at least 40% charged battery.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001:
- Get the package: To install this firmware, you will first need its package – “CyanogenMod 10 (CM 10)” in your Galaxy S PLUS. Download the same and also download “Google Apps”. Transfer both to your device’s internal SDcard via USB cable. Switch Off your phone now.
- Enter Recovery mode: For this, either use “ROM Manager App” or & hold Volume Up + Home key + Power key. Retry this, if your phone still turns ON normally. Alternatively, you can use ROM Manager App available at Google PLAY Store to enter Recovery mode.
- Clear data: once you reach Recovery Mode, “clear cache” option must be selected and the select “wipe data”. All the lag fixes must be then disabled.
- Choose the package: Option – “Install Zip from SDcard” is to be selected and then select “Choose zip from SD card”. After this, select the downloaded CM 10 Firmware zip file which was transferred to your phone. Now wait for about 5 minutes after which you reach Recovery Mode.
- Return and boot: Choose “Go Back” >> “reboot system now”. This will boot the device in normal mode and this may take longer than a minute. In case it doesn’t reach the home screen within 5 minutes, remove the battery and insert that again.
That’s it. You have now updated your Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 with CyanogenMod 10 Firmware successfully. To verify this, check the firmware version by selecting “About Phone” option in “Settings”.