- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM in HTC One XL
New custom ROMs are coming up every day. The HTC One XL has received a new ROM, the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 custom ROM. The ROM features new tweaks and interface so it is a must try for all those people who are into using their Android smartphones to their maximum potential. Of course, this is not an official release by HTC. You need a rooted device with bootloader mode unlocked to install this custom ROM. You might face few minor bugs while using this ROM but the developer promises complete user satisfaction while using this ROM.
Before updating your phone check the following points:
- Make a proper backup of all the data in your internal and external SD card into your computer.
- Go to Settings>Application>Development and enable the USB debugging mode.
- Charge your device fully before attempting to install the update.
- Root your phone previously and install ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Bootloader mode should be unlocked.
- The HTC device drivers for your phone should be installed in your PC properly.
- This tutorial is only applicable for HTC One XL series. Please do not try it for any other device.
Steps to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM in HTC One XL -
- Click on the above links and download the packages into your PC. Do not extract them after the download is complete.
- Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable and transfer the downloaded packages into the device SD card.
- Switch off the phone. Now hold the volume down button and power on using the power button. You will enter the fastboot mode.
- Now go to “android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools” directory in your PC and run the Command prompt. Type in:
àfastboot flash boot boot.img
- Select the bootloader mode and then select recovery to enter the ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Firstly, clear the contents of your phone. Select “Wipe data/Factory reset” to do so. Also, select “Clear cache partition” to clear the cache of your phone.
- Now install the firmware package first. Select “Install zip from SD card à Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package to install.
- Once the firmware is installed, follow the same procedure and install the Google apps package.
- When both the packages have been installed, go back and reboot the phone. Also disconnect it from the PC.
Congratulations!! You have successfully installed the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 custom firmware in your HTC One XL.Have fun using the new ROM and do comment below if you have any queries regarding the tutorial.