- Google made the kernel source code of Android One public
- LG is launching its first clamshell smartphone – LG Wine Smart
- Club Samsung 2.0 announced, will be available from 30 Sept
- LG G3 Beat launched today, includes G3 features – Price 25K
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 – Drops from 11,990 to 7,990 INR
- Offline YouTube – Another gift for Indians from Google after Android One
- Google Play Services 6.1 update improves Drive, Fit & Analytics
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – The Selfie Smartphone Will Be Launched Soon
- Eddy Tablet introduced by Metis Learning for kids in India
- Panasonic introduces DMC-CM1, 20MP Camera with Leica lens
Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM in HTC One XL
New custom ROMs are coming up every day. The HTC One XL has received a new ROM, the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 custom ROM. The ROM features new tweaks and interface so it is a must try for all those people who are into using their Android smartphones to their maximum potential. Of course, this is not an official release by HTC. You need a rooted device with bootloader mode unlocked to install this custom ROM. You might face few minor bugs while using this ROM but the developer promises complete user satisfaction while using this ROM.
Before updating your phone check the following points:
- Make a proper backup of all the data in your internal and external SD card into your computer.
- Go to Settings>Application>Development and enable the USB debugging mode.
- Charge your device fully before attempting to install the update.
- Root your phone previously and install ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Bootloader mode should be unlocked.
- The HTC device drivers for your phone should be installed in your PC properly.
- This tutorial is only applicable for HTC One XL series. Please do not try it for any other device.
Steps to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM in HTC One XL -
- Click on the above links and download the packages into your PC. Do not extract them after the download is complete.
- Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable and transfer the downloaded packages into the device SD card.
- Switch off the phone. Now hold the volume down button and power on using the power button. You will enter the fastboot mode.
- Now go to “android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools” directory in your PC and run the Command prompt. Type in:
àfastboot flash boot boot.img
- Select the bootloader mode and then select recovery to enter the ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Firstly, clear the contents of your phone. Select “Wipe data/Factory reset” to do so. Also, select “Clear cache partition” to clear the cache of your phone.
- Now install the firmware package first. Select “Install zip from SD card à Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package to install.
- Once the firmware is installed, follow the same procedure and install the Google apps package.
- When both the packages have been installed, go back and reboot the phone. Also disconnect it from the PC.
Congratulations!! You have successfully installed the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M2 custom firmware in your HTC One XL.Have fun using the new ROM and do comment below if you have any queries regarding the tutorial.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013