- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 8 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 8 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 9 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 18 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 19 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 20 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 41 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 42 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 45 days ago
- Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update in IndiaPosted 52 days ago
HTC Rezound – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP Custom ROM Update
Happy New Year Folks! And in this New Year, I bring good news for the HTC Rezound users. A new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP Custom ROM custom ROM has been released for the HTC Rezound handsets. The HTC already had released the ICS 4.0.4 firmware update for this device but no news regarding the official Jelly Bean release has been heard. So if you wish to experience the Jelly Bean features in your device then you can simply follow the tutorial below to install the ROM.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP Custom ROM is still under development so I am going to enlist the features which will not work in the current version:
- The Bluetooth calling feature is unavailable.
- Problems regarding Video recording, HD video playback.
- You might face problems while online video streaming from certain sites.
- Video chatting through Gtalk and Skype has bugs.
- You might experience lags.
Before you install the ROM, make sure you go through the following points:
- You should have a proper backup of the data in your device.
- Enable USB debugging in your phone. [Guide]
- This is not an official release. Installing this ROM requires your phone to be rooted.
- Bootloader mode should be unlocked in your phone.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
Steps to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP Custom ROM in HTC Rezound:
- Click on the above links to download the packages. Make sure you do no extract them after downloading them.
- Connect your phone to the PC with USB debugging mode enabled. Transfer the downloaded contents to the device SD card.
- Disconnect the phone from the PC.
- Reboot your phone in Bootloader mode. To enter Bootloader mode, hold the volume down and switch on using the power button. Once you enter the Bootloader mode, select recovery and enter the ClockworkMod recovery. [Guide]
- The first thing you need to do is to clear the device. For this you need to perform full system wipe. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Clear cache partition” options.
- Now install the firmware packages. Select “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and first select the firmware package. Confirm to start the installation.
- Once the firmware is installed, follow the same procedures and install the Google Apps package.
- After this go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all! Now your HTC Rezound will run the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP custom ROM. Enjoy the new features and comment below if you have any issues regarding the update.