- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
HTC EVO 3D CDMA: Upgrading to Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware
Here comes the update of Android 4.0.3 ICS for the owners of HTC Evo 3D CDMA. However it is not an official package but a RUU leak version, it still has the same features as the official version will have. Using this update will not root your phone so you can use it easily. Here are the simple steps that you have to follow for updating your HTC Evo 3D CDMA; also we are providing you the important things and pre-requisite to notice.
Things to notice:
- It is not an official update from HTC.
- Updating your handset with it will not root it.
- If you have rooted your device before starting of the update then it will be revoked automatically.
- The update is for HTC Evo 3D CDMA and not for HTC Evo 3D GSM.
- The download will need around 413MB of free space in your computer.
- Make a back up of your important data before starting the updating process to save it in case you make any mistake.
- The whole updating process will require around 70% of the battery so before starting the process of updating better to recharge your phone.
- Turn off all the antivirus apps and security suites so that they don’t interrupt the processing again and again.
- Enable USB debugging following Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.
Steps to update HTC Evo 3D CDMA to ICS
Step 1: Download the update on your computer and save it.
Step 2: Connect your phone with the computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to your phone into root directory and now you may disconnect your phone from the computer.
Step 3: Switch the phone off and restart it in Bootloader Mode for this you have to press Power, Volume Up and OK buttons together. Once you get in Bootloader Mode choose Recovery and go to Recovery Mode.
Step 4: Now select the ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and the ‘Choose Zip from SD Card’ and now choose the file that you have copied from the computer and the update will begin, it may take some time and when the update process complete you will be on the recovery mode screen again.
Step 5: Now follow like Go Back -> Reboot System Now and your handset will be restarted in normal mode and your HTC Evo 3D CDMA is updated to the Android 4.0.3 ice cream sandwich firmware.