- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
HTC Desire HD: XROM Sense 4.0 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Update
HTC Desire HD Update
Here is another update for HTC Desire HD. The users can now update the device with the all new version of XROM which is based on Android 4.0.3 ICS. This new firmware update has Sense User Interface – Sense 4.0 and the credit for developing this highly featured firmware lies with Nik project. This is not an official firmware update given by HTC.
The firmware is a home for many impressive features. Before you study the steps to update it, let’s look at some of the key features.
Features of XROM Sense 4.0 ICS update:
- Works on Android 4.0.3 ICS and BeastMode Kernel
- Provides support for BusyBox and Init.d.
- Completely Deodexed and is Zipaligned.
- Loaded with Full Sense 4 and Full Sense Weather Lock-Screen.
- Lockscreens by Sense 4 also added which includes Wallpapers, Photo albums, People, weather, etc.
- Added Weather Video. Initially due to a bug, its icon was not on Lockscreen but now it is cleared.
- Cube animations added such as One X.
- These Cube Animations runs smoothly for all the Apps.
- Cube rotations for every App are enhanced now.
- Simple Quicksettings.
- Resized Browser and it is used from One X.
- Pre-installed Advanced Power Menu.
- Battery is much more stable and is fast as well as optimized for better Battery life.
- Keyboard: Stock HTC with enabled Trace.
- One can easily switch from one Recent Apps of ICS to that of Sense 4 by long-pressing Time (present at top-right)
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.(Avoid using PC suite and HTC Sync for the same as they do not go along with ROM firmwares).
- Minimum 50% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- Disable all the security suites and anti-virus programs installed in your device and PC.
- Go to “Settings”, select “Applications”. There, select “Development” and then enable “USB Debugging”.
- Also enable Mock Locations option.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “Root Checker” app available at Google PLAY store.
Steps to install ICS XROM Sense 4 Firmware in HTC Desire HD:
- Download the package for XROM Sense 4.0 ICS Firmware. Connect your phone and PC via USB cable and transfer the downloaded zip files to your phone’s internal memory.
- Disconnect and boot it in Recovery Mode. Press and hold Volume Down button and pressing Power key to turn On the device.
- Now choose ‘Install zip from SDCard’ after which you select ‘Choose zip from SDCard’. Select the file you transferred.
- After 4-5 minutes the process will be completed. Reboot your phone now.
- [In case your phone gets engaged in boot loop or doesn't turn ON, reinsert the battery or long press the Power key and repeat the process from the start.]
You have successfully updated your HTC Desire HD with the latest ICS Android 4.0.3 XROM firmware. You can confirm this by going to “About Phone” in the “Settings” menu where it must mention ICS 4.0.4.