- Google Chrome 27.0.1453.110 comes up with a new look and 5% fast speed
- Facebook Pages and Profiles will now be verified
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Mega 5.8 phablets launched in India
- White Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 operating system is coming in June
- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuff
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 Active
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layout
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INR
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013
HTC Desire HD Smartphone: Blackout ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware Update
HTC Desire HD Smartphone Update
HTC Desire HD smartphone is no longer lagging behind and participated in the chain of Firmware upgrades. The most recent Custom ROM Firmware update available for HTC Desire HD is “Blackout ICS”. It is based on Incredible S. It is an unofficial update and the credit for this update is in the hands of a XDA Developer QD2DC. The developers claim that it is 100% stable and is free from any sort of bug problems.
Features of ICS 4.0.4 update:
- Camera bugs are now fixed and Recording has changed to 480 pixels & 720 pixels along with Audio.
- Tweak apps are re-written and addition of some new Tweaks.
- Kernel Blackout BeastMode V1.0 is used.
- Incredible S4.10.405.1 Android 4.0.4 is been rebased.
- Stereo Recording and Front Cam/Mirror app from the camera are removed.
- OC values are different now. New OC values are set.
- Blackout Skin v1.0 along with Clock Widget – Sense 4.0 Style are also present.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.(Avoid using PC suite and KIES for the same as they do not go along with ROM firmwares).
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- Go to ‘Settings’, select “Applications”. There, select “Development” and then enable “USB Debugging”.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “Root Checker” app available at Google PLAY store.
Steps to install ICS Blackout ICS 4.0.4 custom ROM in HTC Desire HD:
- Download the package for Blackout ICS C ROM Firmware. Connect your phone and PC via USB cable and transfer the downloaded zip files to your phone’s internal memory.
- Disconnect and boot it in Recovery Mode. Press and hold Volume Up check for Down And Upbutton + Menu button and turn On the device.
- Now choose ‘Install zip from SD Card’ after which you select ‘Choose zip from SDCard’. Select the file you transferred.
- After 4-5 minutes the process will be completed. Reboot your phone now.
- In case your phone gets engaged in boot loop or doesn’t turn ON, reinsert the battery or long press the Power key and repeat the process from the start.
You have successfully updated your HTC Desire HD with the latest ICS 4.0.4 Blackout firmware. You can confirm this by going to “About Phone” in the “Settings” menu where it must mention ICS 4.0.4.