- OnePlus 2 Invites – Physical Invitation Cards
- Moto G (2015) Designs Leaked
- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
HTC Desire HD – CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM Firmware Update
HTC Desire HD was launched in 2010, about two years ago and at that time it came with Android Froyo 2.2. Afterwards it was upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3 which was the last official update for this device. It was not upgradable to Android ICS 4.0 but thanks to custom ROM firmware developers who always work hard to let the Desire HD users to further upgrade the android versions and now we are here with the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean upgrade.
CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM is developed by XDA developers which will let you upgrade your device android version to Jelly Bean 4.2.1. All the bugs have been fixed in this firmware but before starting the procedure you must check on these requirements.
- First and most important back up all your personal content stored on the device otherwise you will lose all the data. You can restore the backup after installation. [Guide]
- Enable the USB debugging option. [Guide]
- Do charge the battery of your device to at least 60%.
- Download and install USB drivers for the device on your PC or laptop. [Link Here]
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Google Apps
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware on HTC Desire HD:
- Download the firmware and Google app package on your PC or laptop from the download links mentioned above.
- Connect your device via USB cable to the PC or laptop and transfer the downloaded packages into the root folder of the microSD card of the device.
- Disconnect the device and restart it by pressing volume down with power button to get into the ClockworkMod recovery mode. [Guide]
- Now in the recovery mode, first clear the cache memory by selecting ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ then select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ from the menu and at last go to advanced options and select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ option. To confirm any operation press menu button and to navigate use volume buttons.
- Now from the recovery mode, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then click on ‘choose zip from sdcard’, navigate to the downloaded firmware package and click menu button to select it.
- Once the firmware is installed, then again go back to the recovery menu and select the Google apps package from the SD card (as you did with firmware package) to install it.
- Once the installation gets over then go back to recovery menu and select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device.
That’s it! Your HTC Desire HD is updated with Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM. The device will take more time for the first time start. Stay tuned for more updates.