- OnePlus 2 Invites – Physical Invitation Cards
- Moto G (2015) Designs Leaked
- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
How to update HTC Sensation XL to official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
HTC has rolled out Android OS v 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for the users of HTC Sensation XL in Europe. But for other users round the world would also like to use improved features of this Smartphone there is also an update available for these users. As we can’t blame the users who were eager to user to update their devices and enjoy high imaginative features of Android 4.0 ICS that provides better functioning, increased data usage check, better notification bar and moreover other new features which will get users’ finger cramped.
This update was made available by a developer at XDA Developers who achieved it through manual flashing. This member posted the firmware and other has created an app in which you can flash any recovery to your device. Before flashing the firmware update of Android 4.0 ICS your device requires stock recovery.
If you are interested in updating your Smartphone- HTC Sensation XL, to this firmware you need to fulfil every needs and carry out all the instructions as mentioned.
- This guide and update is particularly meant for HTC Sensation XL. If you try these instructions on any other device, it may lead to unsought results that may damage your device.
- This portal is just provided for instructions and educative reason only. There is no surety that this guide will work under any given or particular situation.
- This is to be made clear that these instructions are used under ones’ own risk. We should not be held responsible for any damage caused.
- You should firstly read and understand the whole portal and then only perform the update.
- Keep S-Off your HTC Sensation.
- A computer with a Windows OS.
- WinRAR or similar app to anarchise RAR file.
- You should backup all important data of your Smartphone to ensure that all your personal data is safe even if it is lost during this process.
- Your HTC XL must have at least 50% battery to avoid interruption due to low power.
- Download the following files to your computer-
- Recovery Manager v126.96.36.199-EXE.rar which is an Android Recovery Manager. If you face any trouble in using this Recovery manager in Windows XP you can try this other package to fix all the problems that occurs.
- 13 MB HTC Driver 3.0.0.007.exe which is named as HTC Fastboot. You can download it from here HTC Fastboot drivers.
- DotNetFxsetup.exe a 2.7 MB setup file for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- OTA_RUNNYMEDE_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.2-1.05.401.4_R2_release_258338d2wzjl71eps0s2e6.zip, a 198 MB zip file of Android 4.0 ICS firmware for Sensation XL.(Android 4.0 ICS OTA update package for Sensation XL)
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your phone: Setting > Applications>Development Options
Steps to update HTC Sensation XL to official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Step1: You need to install HTC Fastboot driver into your PC.
Step 2: In your PC install Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5.
Step 3: In any folder on your computer extract Android Recovery Manager RAR file. This file should be easily accessible.
Step 4: Debug OTA_RUNNYMEDE_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_
2.31.401.2-1.05.401.4_R2_release_258338d2wzjl71eps0s2e6.zip as update.zip.
Step 5: Drag this zip file to root of your Sensation XL’s Micro SD card so that it is accessible.
Step 6: In your PC where you have extracted Android Recovery Manager file open Recovery Manager.exe by double clicking it.
Step 7: to install stock recovery on your HTC XL from Android Recovery Manager File follow instruction given below:
- Click start.
- Click on Download Recovery.
- On Android Recovery Manager Window at the right side, select the choice that is equivalent to the software version of your HTC Smartphone.
- For example, choose the Vodafone FR 188.8.131.52 option if your phone’s software is 184.108.40.206.
- For checking phone’s version go to Settings> About> Software Information.
- Check on ‘I agree ……….’ check box and click on ‘Download’ selecting Recovery and Flash It button to start downloading the recovery.
- Click on Yes to start recovery after recovery has been downloaded.
- To reboot into the recovery select no after completion of flash.
Boot your Smartphone to recovery mode. You will see warning icon on the screen of your phone after rebooting is complete. Now, press Power button and Volume Up key simultaneously.
In recovery mode, choose Apply Update from SD card. Look for Update.zip file in your phone. To start installation click power button and select the file. After installation of update is complete your device on its own reboots and you will have Android OS v4.0 ICS on your HTC.
Enjoy operating your HTC Sensation XL that features latest Android 4.0 ICS.