- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
- Deal – Nexus 6 Sale on eBay for $440 (Free shipping, no sales tax)
- Virgin America announces Android powered in-built entertainment system
How to Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with XWKTM Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is very popular in market, though its new version that is Galaxy Ace Plus is widely available in market. Below shown is the Android 2.3.6 gingerbread based Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 XWKTM firmware upgraded followed by pre requisites:
Here are listed few steps which you need to follow before you start with the upgrade procedure:-
- This update is exclusively for the users who have smartphone of Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and not any other version of it, say Galaxy Ace S5830i or any other. So please do check your model version under “about phone” under settings option.
- Make sure that the rooting once done might be removed from the phone, so you need to root it again.
- You also need to have a backup of all the important data, as you may loss them while the firmware upgrade.
- Also make sure about the life of your battery, it must be more than 60%.
You must have USB Debugging already installed in your phone. You have to follow the path “Settings -> Applications -> Development-> USB Debugging” and tick USB Debugging.
This upgrade is custom ROM and you are proceeding on your own risk.
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 XWKTM Firmware Upgrade-
Follow the steps below to upgrade your Android 2.3.6 Galaxy Ace S5830–
- First of all, download Odin tool and XWKTM 2.3.6 firmware on your PC. After that, extract the same to PC and access the files that follow. Then, unzip your Odin tool and do install it on your PC. Now, keep it open.
- Power off Galaxy Ace S5830 to make it to restart in download mode. You can easily do it by holding the three buttons of Volume down keys, power button and OK button all together.
- If you are in download mode, connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to your PC by making use of USB cable. As you connect them, a confirmation message is displayed and you can see your ID: COM port turning yellow, that means the installation of drivers have been successfully done.
- Now follow OPS -> Cooper_v1.0.ops -> one package -> S5830XWKTM_S5830OXXKT3_S5830XWKT7_HOME.tar.md5.
- Do confirm the same selection of files is correctly done or not, then click “start” to continue with the procedure of upgrade. It will hardly take 5minutes. The phone will automatically restart now.
- Now under Odin tool, a “pass” message will be displayed. Then, disconnect your phone with your PC.
- Now enter under recovery mode by pressing power button, volume up button and OK button simultaneously for some time. As you get in recovery mode go to “Wipe data/factory reset -> Wipe Cache Partition -> Reboot System Now”. Your phone will automatically restart now in recovery mode.
Your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is now upgraded with XWKTM Firmware. you may check it in Settings -> About Phone.