- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
How to update Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 with 4.1.1 JellyBean firmware
Recently, Nexus 7 devices are receiving update for their 4.1 Jelly Bean which took the number of firmware to 4.1.1. The update is not yet released for all the supported devices which also include Galaxy Nexus, only Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ versions are getting this update.
If you are using a Galaxy Nexus model other than Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250 then you will have to wait till the announcement of official update. Whereas, if you are using GSM I9250, you can manually install the released update now as shown below:
Before installing this Jellybean update, ensure the following prerequisites:
- Bootloader of the device Galaxy Nexus I9250 must be unlocked.
- Any one among Clock Work Mod (CWM) Recovery and TWRP Recovery must be installed.
- Minimum 60% charged battery.
- Take the backup of all the important data stored in the device synchronising Contacts with Gmail, copying Files to SD card or some other storage device, and using specified apps for SMS, Call Logs, MMS etc.
When you are sure about these, you can install 4.1.1 update as following:
Process to Install Android 4.1.1 JellyBean update in Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250 :
- Download and save Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Release available for Galaxy Nexus.
- Connect the phone to the computer via USB cable for copying the downloaded file to the phone.
- Disconnect after you complete the transfer, and turn off the device.
- Press volume down, volume up and power buttons simultaneously to boot the phone in Recovery Mode.
- Select: ‘Install ZIP file from SD Card’.
- Then select: ‘Choose ZIP file from SD Card’.
- Now look for the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Release *.zip file, that was downloaded and moved in the first 2 steps. Select it to start the procss of updating the device.
- After installation is completed, return to the main page of Recovery Mode.
- Finally select: ‘Reboot System Now’.
- The moment this phone gets reboot, you can run the update.
To confirm that the update is installed properly, go to ‘Settings -> About Phone’. The name listed under Frimware Version must be JellyBean 4.1.1, if it is not so, you have to restart the process of updating your Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250.