Have you purchased Nokia X? Well if yes, then you must want to root your device and install Google Play Store on it. Nokia recently has launched three Android smarthones: Nokia X, Nokia XL and Nokia X+. You can only root Nokia X now but in few coming days the rooting tutorial of other devices will also come out. Following is the step by step guide to root Nokia X and load Google Play Store on it. Make sure you read all the items of requirements list carefully before you head on to the rooting tutorial.
- Make a back up of all your data. Use SD card for this. Do not use PC suite as your device will not get recognised after you root it.
- Enable USB debugging from “Settings -> Applications -> Development”.
- Charged Nokia X.
Now download the following rooting package and Google Apps package to install them later.
How to Root Nokia X and Install Google Play Store –
- Download the above mentioned packages in your computer. Extract them to desktop.
- Connect your Nokia X with the computer.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your Nokia X.
- Now go to File Manager app and go to the placed APKs. Tap on it and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. This will root your Nokia X.
- Now go to Google Apps APK in “/system/app” and make the following changes.
- Now install the same.
- Open the Google Play Store app from Menu. Add your Google account to it.
That was the whole procedure to root Nokia X and install Google Play Store on it. Drop your doubts and queries as comments. Also share your experience with the Nokia’s first Android smartphone that is Nokia X with us.