- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
How to Root Nokia X and Install Google Play Store on it
Have you purchased Nokia X? Well if yes, then you must want to root your device and install Google Play Store on it. Nokia recently has launched three Android smarthones: Nokia X, Nokia XL and Nokia X+. You can only root Nokia X now but in few coming days the rooting tutorial of other devices will also come out. Following is the step by step guide to root Nokia X and load Google Play Store on it. Make sure you read all the items of requirements list carefully before you head on to the rooting tutorial.
- Make a back up of all your data. Use SD card for this. Do not use PC suite as your device will not get recognised after you root it.
- Enable USB debugging from “Settings -> Applications -> Development”.
- Charged Nokia X.
Now download the following rooting package and Google Apps package to install them later.
How to Root Nokia X and Install Google Play Store –
- Download the above mentioned packages in your computer. Extract them to desktop.
- Connect your Nokia X with the computer.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your Nokia X.
- Now go to File Manager app and go to the placed APKs. Tap on it and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. This will root your Nokia X.
- Now go to Google Apps APK in “/system/app” and make the following changes.
- Now install the same.
- Open the Google Play Store app from Menu. Add your Google account to it.
That was the whole procedure to root Nokia X and install Google Play Store on it. Drop your doubts and queries as comments. Also share your experience with the Nokia’s first Android smartphone that is Nokia X with us.