- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
- Images of Moto S and Droid Turbo Leaked
- Sale of Moto X (2nd GEN) Started at Flipkart
How to Root Nokia X and Install Google Play Store on it
Have you purchased Nokia X? Well if yes, then you must want to root your device and install Google Play Store on it. Nokia recently has launched three Android smarthones: Nokia X, Nokia XL and Nokia X+. You can only root Nokia X now but in few coming days the rooting tutorial of other devices will also come out. Following is the step by step guide to root Nokia X and load Google Play Store on it. Make sure you read all the items of requirements list carefully before you head on to the rooting tutorial.
- Make a back up of all your data. Use SD card for this. Do not use PC suite as your device will not get recognised after you root it.
- Enable USB debugging from “Settings -> Applications -> Development”.
- Charged Nokia X.
Now download the following rooting package and Google Apps package to install them later.
How to Root Nokia X and Install Google Play Store –
- Download the above mentioned packages in your computer. Extract them to desktop.
- Connect your Nokia X with the computer.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your Nokia X.
- Now go to File Manager app and go to the placed APKs. Tap on it and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. This will root your Nokia X.
- Now go to Google Apps APK in “/system/app” and make the following changes.
- Now install the same.
- Open the Google Play Store app from Menu. Add your Google account to it.
That was the whole procedure to root Nokia X and install Google Play Store on it. Drop your doubts and queries as comments. Also share your experience with the Nokia’s first Android smartphone that is Nokia X with us.
Latest posts by Aayushi Jain (see all)
- Sony Xperia S – Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Update - December 9, 2014
- Lenovo Tab S8 – Specs, Features and Price - December 8, 2014
- Asus Zenfone 5 – How to root and unroot this smartphone - August 17, 2014