- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera
- Moto Maker now available in China
- OnePlus to announce something interesting on June 1
- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
How to install Stock Android 4.0 Keyboard on Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich default keyboard is facilitated with a proper spacing among its letters, it may be considered as the best available keyboard. It give users the joy of typing. But, today most of the phones have a keyboard with the custom versions instead of Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard, and same is the case of Samsung Galaxy S3.
So, you want to have an ICS keyboard on your Samsung Galaxy S3? For this you need to follow some simple steps and you are done. Simply, you need to download and install APK file firstly. Other device possessing Android ICS 4.0 can also install Stock Android 4.0 Keyboard. Follow the steps to install stock Android 4.0 keyboard.
Procedure to install stock Android 4.0 Keyboard on Galaxy S3 or any other devices with Android 4.0:
- First of all, ensure that you have Android 4.0 ICS on your device as the installation process won’t work on any other Android versions.
- Download Stock Android 4.0 Keyboard APK file with filename LatinIME.apk.
- Then copy it to your device’s SD card.
- Then install a file manager free from Google Play store as you need it to browse in SD Card.
- Then go to “Settings -> Security” and under there enable “unknown sources” which will allow you to install apps from SD Card.
- Then go to the place where you have copied your APK file in step3 after going under file manager app.
- Tap to the APK file to proceed the process of installation, it will take hardly a minute to complete.
- Then go to “Settings -> Language and Input” & click on a checkbox just beside the Android keyboard, to enable the new installed keyboard. During typing, drag the notification bar down, and click to “Choose input method -> Android Keyboard”.
You will get your Stock Android 4.0 Keyboard successfully installed and ready to use.
Latest posts by Seema Shahani (see all)
- How to find MSL Number on Sprint Galaxy S3 - July 4, 2012
- How to install Stock Android 4.0 Keyboard on Samsung Galaxy S3 - July 4, 2012
- How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Tirami Slim ICS Custom ROM Firmware - June 26, 2012