Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 with latest released Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.4 Firmware. The Samsung Electronics has not yet announced any official release of the firmware for Galaxy Tab, this is an unofficial version released for some countries. Like for other devices before updating process, you need to root the device and the warranty for the device is lost but this is not the case with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Smartphone as it is does comes with the Boot Loader system. The firmware is embedded with many features such that after updating it, the functionality of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 increases along with the overall battery life. And all other problems such as camera and other things have also been tackled.
- Back up all the contents and data of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810 before starting the process as it may get corrupted or lost. Back up the data manually, do not use any PC suite.
- Check the battery level of the device before starting the process so that it does not get turn off in the middle of the procedure. The battery level of the device should be at least 40%.
- The USB Debugging mode should also be enabled using “USB Settings”
- Install the USB Drivers and then follow the path “Settings then go to “Wireless and Network” and at last to “USB Settings” also select the “Samsung KIES” option there.
Hope you have followed all the above mentioned instructions before starting the updating of the Firmware and below we have given you brief procedure on how to update the Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810 with the ICS 4.0.4 firmware.
Steps to install ICS 4.0.4 Firmware in Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810:
- To start the updating process download Galaxy Tab ICS 4.0.4 Package and Odin in your PC then extract them and open Odin in PC only. After extracting the firmware zip, you will have the file “P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5”.
- Now make your Galaxy Tab enter in to the download mode for which press the Volume Down button simultaneously with the Power button. Once your device is ON keep holding the Volume down Button until it gives you prompt from where you will have to choose “download mode” and then connect the phone with the PC.
- Further after connecting the phone with the PC, the ID: COM section will be changes to yellow color which indicates that all the drivers are installed successfully and then go on with file selections part.
- Now further to select “P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5” from the file which is extracted click on “PDA” in Odin and click on “START” and this will start the process of updating the firmware which will take around 4-5 minutes approx.
- If the process of updating the firmware in the device is completed then it will automatically rebooted. After on your screen you see the options of ‘language selection’ and ‘country selection’ then you can disconnect the phone and make use of it normally.
- After whole process is completed, to check whether the firmware is installed or not go to “Settings” there go to “About phone” option where you will see the firmware as: ICS Android 4.0.4 if it is installed correctly.
- If the device gets stuck in the Boot loop mode then again clear the cache in the recovery mode and restart the process of updating your Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810.
By now you have successfully install the ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810. If you face any problem while following the above mentioned process please do let us know in the comment section we will surely try to solve them and provide with the satisfying solution.