- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
- Images of Moto S and Droid Turbo Leaked
- Sale of Moto X (2nd GEN) Started at Flipkart
How to install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S Advance
A good news for Samsung Galaxy S Advance users! The very first custom recovery is now available for their device. One xda-developer diego-ch (user id) has developed a kernel for Galaxy S Advance which also includes the custom recovery (TeamWin Recovery).
Before installing this custom recovery in your Galaxy S Advance, please consider to take the backup of all your important data and also make sure that the device has enough battery to survive during the updation process.
The main feature of this custom recovery is that it supports Common Internet File System. Other thing to note is that this recovery image is based on the Team Win Recovery Project version 2.2.1.
Download the custom recovery package which is “GT-I9070-GB_TWRP-KERNEL-DiegoCH.rar”
Methods to install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Method 1: Install Custom Recovery using Odin
Step 1: After following the prerequisites turn off your device and press Power button + Home button + Volume down button together to restart it in download mode.
Step 2: Now you will have to start Odin. Now using Odin you’ll have to flash out the kernal as PDA.
Step 3: Now just wait until the device reboots.
Step 4: After the device reboots successfully use the TWRP to flash the Chainfire’s SuperSu.
Note: Installing the Custom Recovery in Galaxy S Advance using Odin will increase the flash counter in your device. If you don’t want it to happen then you should follow the second method which is given below.
Method 2: Install Custom Recovery using DD
Note: Since this option doesn’t increase the flash counter this demans your Galaxy S Advance to be rooted. So first of all you should root your device if you haven’t done it.
Step 1: Extract the downloaded file again which you extracted only once in the last method. You will get the file named as “kernel.bin.md5“. Now copy this extracted file in /sdcard.
Step 2: Run the adb shell prompt and enter the commands given below:
# dd if=/sdcard/kernel.bin.md5 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
Step 3: After the command executes completely your device will restart. Wait for some time.
You have successfully installed the custom recovery in your Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Do let me know if you face any issue. Have a good day! :)
Latest posts by Chankey Pathak (see all)
- Intex Aqua 4X Unboxing - November 8, 2014
- How to remove OneDrive from Windows 8.1 - October 12, 2014
- Solution – RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe - October 12, 2014