- White Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 operating system is coming in JunePosted 24 hours ago
- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 9 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 9 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 10 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 20 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 20 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 21 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 42 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 44 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 47 days ago
How to install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S Advance
A good news for Samsung Galaxy S Advance users! The very first custom recovery is now available for their device. One xda-developer diego-ch (user id) has developed a kernel for Galaxy S Advance which also includes the custom recovery (TeamWin Recovery).
Before installing this custom recovery in your Galaxy S Advance, please consider to take the backup of all your important data and also make sure that the device has enough battery to survive during the updation process.
The main feature of this custom recovery is that it supports Common Internet File System. Other thing to note is that this recovery image is based on the Team Win Recovery Project version 2.2.1.
Download the custom recovery package which is “GT-I9070-GB_TWRP-KERNEL-DiegoCH.rar”
Methods to install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Method 1: Install Custom Recovery using Odin
Step 1: After following the prerequisites turn off your device and press Power button + Home button + Volume down button together to restart it in download mode.
Step 2: Now you will have to start Odin. Now using Odin you’ll have to flash out the kernal as PDA.
Step 3: Now just wait until the device reboots.
Step 4: After the device reboots successfully use the TWRP to flash the Chainfire’s SuperSu.
Note: Installing the Custom Recovery in Galaxy S Advance using Odin will increase the flash counter in your device. If you don’t want it to happen then you should follow the second method which is given below.
Method 2: Install Custom Recovery using DD
Note: Since this option doesn’t increase the flash counter this demans your Galaxy S Advance to be rooted. So first of all you should root your device if you haven’t done it.
Step 1: Extract the downloaded file again which you extracted only once in the last method. You will get the file named as “kernel.bin.md5“. Now copy this extracted file in /sdcard.
Step 2: Run the adb shell prompt and enter the commands given below:
# dd if=/sdcard/kernel.bin.md5 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
Step 3: After the command executes completely your device will restart. Wait for some time.
You have successfully installed the custom recovery in your Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Do let me know if you face any issue. Have a good day! :)