- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
How to update Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Samsung has not revealed any news regarding new updates for the Galaxy Tab GT P1000. But recently a custom firmware has been developed offering Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This ROM is not officially released by Samsung but the Tab users can update their tablets with this new ROM to experience the Android 4.2.2.
ABOUT THE ROM
The custom ROM promises to offer the actual UI of the original Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean released by Google. This ROM is the perfect copy of the original firmware and the best feature of it is that it does not compromise any feature of the official firmware. This custom ROM has a number of new features including new customizations for the camera, the Android 4.2.2 UI. The battery performance has been improved and many bugs have fixed to provide the ultimate Android 4.2.2 experience.
METHOD OF UPDATE
We will be installing this custom ROM directly in your tab by using the ClockworkMod recovery.
DO’S AND DON’TS
- Create a proper backup of all the data available in your tab into your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging mode.
- Charge your tab completely before attempting to update.
- Your tab should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery mode should be installed.
NOTE: This is not an official release by Samsung. Installing this ROM required root. But keep in mind that rooting voids the warranty of your tab.
STEPS TO INSTALLING THE UPDATE
- Download the files from the above links into your computer. But make sure you do not extract it.
- Now connect the tab to your PC via USB cable with USB debugging mode enabled. Transfer the downloaded contents to the SD card of your tab and disconnect it from the PC once the transfer is complete.
- Switch off the tab and reboot it into the recovery mode. To do so, hold the volume up and menu button and switch it on simultaneously. Use the volume keys to navigate and power button to select while you are inside the recovery mode.
- Firstly clear the contents of your tab. Select “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Clear cache partition” options to do so.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card >> Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package to install.
- Once the installation is complete, follow the same procedure and install the Google apps package as well.
- Go back to the main menu and reboot the tab.
ROM INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY!!
Congrats! You have successfully installed the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM in your Galaxy Tab GT- P1000. Have fun using the new firmware and do comment below if you face any problems during the update procedure.