- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
- Images of Moto S and Droid Turbo Leaked
- Sale of Moto X (2nd GEN) Started at Flipkart
How to Change IMEI Number of Your Android Easily (Rooting Required)
Your device may have been repaired and now you are getting problems related to network. It may be because of not having a valid IMEI number. Changing IMEI number is illegal but it may help you to get your phone back. If you own a rooted Android device then we will provide you an easy trick to change your IMEI number. This will not require you to download and install anything or to connect your device with the computer with USB debugging mode enabled, it is a very simple trick that you can perform in seconds but the only requirement of this trick is that you require a rooted Android device.
Steps to Change IMEI Number of Your Android –
- Write the following in your dialler – *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#*
- Click to Call pad or connectivity options.
- Find out CDS information and tap on it.
- Check out for Radio information.
- If you have dual SIM, there will be two options for you, select the one which you want to go with.
- Now to change IMEI number follow –
AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2” (replace IMEI_1 and IMEI_2 with your IMEI no)
For example : AT =EGMR=1,7”9100XXXXXXXXXXXX
- And click to send.
So this is the easiest way to change IMEI number of your Android, there are many other methods too but they will require you to download the software and install it and then you have to use that software to perform your work. The only thing that this method requires is a rooted device. The choice is yours. Also let me tell you again that changing IMEI is illegal so don’t misuse the information provided here. Also it doesn’t changes your device ID so don’t try to play smart.
For any query, you can comment us.
Other tutorials on changing IMEI number -
Latest posts by Aayushi Jain (see all)
- Sony Xperia S – Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Update - December 9, 2014
- Lenovo Tab S8 – Specs, Features and Price - December 8, 2014
- Asus Zenfone 5 – How to root and unroot this smartphone - August 17, 2014