- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
Google added Gmail to Google Search
Google always comes with innovating ideas and now it is experimenting on Gmail. According to a new Google feature named as “Gmail in personal search results”, if you enter a search query on Google’s search engine then it will display relevant emails from your gmail account along with the normal search results. The service is only for Google.com yet and not for country specific Google sites, also it is for @gmail.com address only (doesn’t work for @googlemail.com accounts).
According to Google this new “Gmail in personal search results” feature is not available to everyone. The feature will work only when certain types of queries are entered in it like locations and brand names. The box showing the relevant emails will be at right of the search results. You can see the email’s snippet there or can jump to Gmail to read the complete email.
One of the disadvantages with this feature is that emails are personal in nature and when someone borrows your computer, the emails are visible to them also. Although the feature is in testing mode and Google is trying to mitigate all the related issues.
The basic idea which I thought Google is trying to implement is to have all the information on a single window. This link between Google’s search engine and Gmail service may prove helpful to its users. Try the new feature with words like “Amazon”, “flight to New York”, “my flight” and experience the changes. Log in to http://g.co/searchtrial for trying the feature.