- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Google added Gmail to Google Search
Google always comes with innovating ideas and now it is experimenting on Gmail. According to a new Google feature named as “Gmail in personal search results”, if you enter a search query on Google’s search engine then it will display relevant emails from your gmail account along with the normal search results. The service is only for Google.com yet and not for country specific Google sites, also it is for @gmail.com address only (doesn’t work for @googlemail.com accounts).
According to Google this new “Gmail in personal search results” feature is not available to everyone. The feature will work only when certain types of queries are entered in it like locations and brand names. The box showing the relevant emails will be at right of the search results. You can see the email’s snippet there or can jump to Gmail to read the complete email.
One of the disadvantages with this feature is that emails are personal in nature and when someone borrows your computer, the emails are visible to them also. Although the feature is in testing mode and Google is trying to mitigate all the related issues.
The basic idea which I thought Google is trying to implement is to have all the information on a single window. This link between Google’s search engine and Gmail service may prove helpful to its users. Try the new feature with words like “Amazon”, “flight to New York”, “my flight” and experience the changes. Log in to http://g.co/searchtrial for trying the feature.