- Samsung Galaxy Alpha – Launch date is 27 September
- Google Nexus 5 Is Dead – Is Nexus 6 Ready?
- Finnish Smartphone Jolla Comes To India
- Blackberry’s Passport Launching soon in India
- HTC launches 3 Desire models in India
- Strife over worker wages causes strike at Amazon Germany
- Datawind’s Lifetime Internet Offer Gaining Traction As Diwali Launch Approaches
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact to be launched by 25 Sept
- HTC will soon launch its 9 inches long Nexus Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 officially launched in Thailand
Google added Gmail to Google Search
Google always comes with innovating ideas and now it is experimenting on Gmail. According to a new Google feature named as “Gmail in personal search results”, if you enter a search query on Google’s search engine then it will display relevant emails from your gmail account along with the normal search results. The service is only for Google.com yet and not for country specific Google sites, also it is for @gmail.com address only (doesn’t work for @googlemail.com accounts).
According to Google this new “Gmail in personal search results” feature is not available to everyone. The feature will work only when certain types of queries are entered in it like locations and brand names. The box showing the relevant emails will be at right of the search results. You can see the email’s snippet there or can jump to Gmail to read the complete email.
One of the disadvantages with this feature is that emails are personal in nature and when someone borrows your computer, the emails are visible to them also. Although the feature is in testing mode and Google is trying to mitigate all the related issues.
The basic idea which I thought Google is trying to implement is to have all the information on a single window. This link between Google’s search engine and Gmail service may prove helpful to its users. Try the new feature with words like “Amazon”, “flight to New York”, “my flight” and experience the changes. Log in to http://g.co/searchtrial for trying the feature.
Latest posts by Aayushi Jain (see all)
- Asus Zenfone 5 – How to root and unroot this smartphone - August 17, 2014
- Galaxy Note 3 – Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUENG1 Firmware Update - August 6, 2014
- Any.do – Create, Manage and Share To-do Lists - July 18, 2014