- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
Galaxy Y Duos S6102 – Gingerbread 2.3.6 Official DXMA2 Firmware Update
There is a new bug fixed official firmware update for the users of Galaxy Y Duos S6102. Samsung has released this firmware update via its KIES update software, if you can’t update your device from there then follow this tutorial. Samsung is not really releasing new Android version updates for Galaxy Y Duos S6102 but it has released DXMA2 update with new features and bugs fixed.
DXMA2 Firmware update info – Samsung has fixed all the bugs in the previous Android version on this device and released DXMA2 update. It is the branded version of Gingerbread, so there will be some preinstalled applications and packs in the update.
Prerequisites for the update –
- DXMA2 Gingerbread 2.3.6 update is only for the users of Galaxy Y Duos S6102, do not attempt to install on any other device.
- Backup all the important data you have on your mobile and also charge it around 80%.
- You will need to install latest USB drivers for Galaxy Y Duos S6102 on your computer.
- Go into Settings on your Galaxy Y Duos and then enable the USB Debugging mode.
- Update your device with Gingerbread update on your own risk.
Download Links :
- DXMA2 update file
- Download ODIN v.184
Steps to Install DXMA2 2.3.6 Official Firmware on Galaxy Y Duos S6102 –
- Go to the download links for Gingerbread DXMA2 update file and store it on your computer.
- If you don’t have ODIN preinstalled then use above mentioned download link to get it on your computer.
- Shut down your device and go into the Download Mode. Press and hold the Power and Volume down key together, you will find download mode logo.
- Start ODIN v1.84 on your computer and then connect Galaxy Y Duos to it. After a few minutes ODIN will confirm the connection on your device.
- Now extract the DXMA2 update file on your computer and go to ODIN.
- Now select files for four options on ODIN, you will find them all in the extracted files for the update. For PDA >> select PDA file, Phone >> MODEM named file, CSC >> CSC named file and for PIT >> select .pit file. If there is no file for Phone, CSC and PIT then ignore these steps.
- Now look in ODIN for options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time to check them. If you selected the .pit file for ODIN in PIT option then also check the button named as Re-Partition.
After selecting files and clicking Start Button on ODIN, your Galaxy Y Duos S6102 will restart with the updated DXMA2 Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware in few minutes. Follow all the mentioned steps carefully to update your device and go to About Phone option in Settings to check the updated firmware version.