Samsung has released a new updated firmware version of Gingerbread for the users of Galaxy Xcover S5690. Company has fixed lots of the bugs that were found in the previous version of firmware on Galaxy Xcover. Basically there are two methods to update your Galaxy device with this new update. You can either go with Samsung KIES software or you can manually update your device using this tutorial. If you don’t find this update automatically on your device then follow this simple step by step tutorial to install the update on your device.
XXLL1 2.3.6 firmware update info –
This is the latest Gingerbread firmware for Galaxy Xcover S5690 by Samsung officially. If you are tired of using this device with the bugs in the previous version of the firmware then please update it using this tutorial. All the bugs and missing things are fixed with this update. This update is available for the users of the device in regions like Austria, Italy, UK, Spain, France, Hungry, Germany and Belgium.
Prerequisites for the update –
If you are willing to update your Galaxy Xcover with this latest firmware update then please follow all the prerequisites given below.
- First of all make sure to back up all the important data you have on your Galaxy Xcover and charge it atleast 80%. It is one of the most important steps to follow for the updaters.
- Make sure you have all the essentials USB drivers for Galaxy Xcover preinstalled on your computer, so you don’t get in problem while connecting it to the computer.
- XXLL1 2.3.6 Gingerbread update from Samsung is only for Galaxy Xcover, so don’t ever try with any other device please and update your device on your own risk.
- This is an official firmware update, so when you will install it, you will lose the root access to your Galaxy Xcover.
Download links :
- XXLL1 2.3.6 firmware
- ODIN v.184
Steps to Install XXLL1 2.3.6 official firmware update on Galaxy Xcover S5690 –
- In the starting all you need to do is to extracting the downloaded firmware update files to a folder that you got from XXLL1 download link given above.
- If you are not having ODIN software to update firmware on Galaxy devices then please install it using the download link given above.
- After this you will need to shut your Galaxy Xcover S5690 off. Then you will need to start the download mode by pressing and holding the main volume down key and home screen key at the same time. Then you will need to press the power key to go into this mode.
- After getting into the download mode on your device you will need to use the USB cable to connect your Galaxy Xcover to your computer after turning on the ODIN. There will be a yellow box on ODIN that will confirm the connection.
- After connecting your Xcover to the computer you are almost ready to update your device. Now all you need to do is to select the update files for the latest firmware that you extracted in the first step of the tutorial.
Go to the PDA, Phone, CSC and PIT option on the ODIN software on your computer and select a file that is named as PDA, MODEM, CSC and .pit respectively. If you are not able to find any file having names like modem, CSC and .pit then please ignore it.
- Now check out the Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time option in the ODIN software on your computer and then select them for the update. If you found a .pit file in the previous step then you will need to choose the Re-Partition file too.
- Now after selecting all of the important file for the XXLL1 update, you will need to press the main Start Button on the ODIN software.
After a few minutes ODIN will install the latest XXLL1 2.3.6 firmware version on your Galaxy Xcover S5690. If you are having any single problem while installing this firmware update on your Android device then please hit the comment box and let us know. Please also share this post with your Facebook friends.