- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone
- Intex Aqua Xtreme V – Launched for 11,290 INR (16 GB)
- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 – XXCLL2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Samsung finally has rolled out the official firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to update the android version to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Now this official firmware is available for all the countries and uses can check for the update through Samsung Kies.
You can even update the android version using that official firmware through Samsung Kies but here is also a tutorial to do this manually. Using this tutorial you can easily install the XXCLL2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.
Before going for the update let’s have a look at certain requirements.
- Create a backup of all your personal stuff stored on your device. [Help]
- Recharge your device’s battery.
- Enable the USB debugging option from development settings. [Help]
- Download USB drivers for the device and install them on your PC or laptop. [Link Here]
- XXCLL2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware
- ODIN v1.85
Steps to Install XXCLL2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100:
Now as you have downloaded the firmware and ODIN from the links mentioned above, let’s start the installation process.
- Restart your device by pressing Volume up and Power button to enter into the download mode. Once you are there then you will see construction android robot.
- Now start ODIN on your PC and connect the device via USB connection. Once your device is connected to the ODIN then ID:COM will turn yellow.
- Now extract the firmware package and start selecting the files as following. First click on ‘PDA’ in ODIN and then select ‘CODE’ file from the package, now click on ‘Phone’ and select ‘MODEM’ file, now click on ‘CSC’ option and select ‘CSC’ file and at last click on ‘PIT’ option and then select .pit file. If you don’t find any file then you can ignore that step.
- Now again in ODIN, click on ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ options and if you found the .pit file then click on ‘Re-Partition’ option otherwise leave it unchecked.
- Now click on ‘Start’ button in ODIN and wait till the process gets complete. After completion your device will restart automatically and you can remove the USB connection now.
That’s it! Now your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 android version is updated with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with official firmware provided by the Samsung. If you want to check the current android version on your device or whether to find that this firmware is installed or not, refer to this path on your device ‘Settings > About phone’.
Latest posts by Pawan Kumar (see all)
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – Rooting on ZSBMA1 based Official Android 4.1.1 - January 16, 2013
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – Install ZSBMA1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update - January 16, 2013
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – XXBLL3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update - January 14, 2013