- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
- Bombay High Court Goes Digital Using E-Court
- Android 4.4 KitKat Images Leaked – Android Police Says Not Real
- BBM for Android is now available, Download the APK file
- Nokia postponed the launch of its new smartphone Lumia 1520
- IFA 2013 Summary – Top 5 Gadgets
- Apple set to launch its new Smartphone – iPhone 5S
- Buy LG G2 From AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon From Sep 12th
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 – XXCLL2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Samsung finally has rolled out the official firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to update the android version to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Now this official firmware is available for all the countries and uses can check for the update through Samsung Kies.
You can even update the android version using that official firmware through Samsung Kies but here is also a tutorial to do this manually. Using this tutorial you can easily install the XXCLL2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.
Before going for the update let’s have a look at certain requirements.
- Create a backup of all your personal stuff stored on your device. [Help]
- Recharge your device’s battery.
- Enable the USB debugging option from development settings. [Help]
- Download USB drivers for the device and install them on your PC or laptop. [Link Here]
Steps to Install XXCLL2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100:
Now as you have downloaded the firmware and ODIN from the links mentioned above, let’s start the installation process.
- Restart your device by pressing Volume up and Power button to enter into the download mode. Once you are there then you will see construction android robot.
- Now start ODIN on your PC and connect the device via USB connection. Once your device is connected to the ODIN then ID:COM will turn yellow.
- Now extract the firmware package and start selecting the files as following. First click on ‘PDA’ in ODIN and then select ‘CODE’ file from the package, now click on ‘Phone’ and select ‘MODEM’ file, now click on ‘CSC’ option and select ‘CSC’ file and at last click on ‘PIT’ option and then select .pit file. If you don’t find any file then you can ignore that step.
- Now again in ODIN, click on ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ options and if you found the .pit file then click on ‘Re-Partition’ option otherwise leave it unchecked.
- Now click on ‘Start’ button in ODIN and wait till the process gets complete. After completion your device will restart automatically and you can remove the USB connection now.
That’s it! Now your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 android version is updated with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with official firmware provided by the Samsung. If you want to check the current android version on your device or whether to find that this firmware is installed or not, refer to this path on your device ‘Settings > About phone’.