Wanna give your old Galaxy Tab 2 a new life???? YES you can….. developers has made it possible by Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow to Galaxy Tab 2 P5100. Its features are working quite well till now and this ROM is stable and gives you performance according to your need.
Before moving ahead you are requested to read below tips that are important for installation process to go smooth and it also prevents you from getting into another problems.
Things to remember
- This update is only intended for the Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 so please do not try to flash this ROM on any other device
- To avoid any power issues, charge your tablet to atleast 60%
- Always keep backup of your data before updating your device
- Enable USB debugging in case it has problem connecting tablet to computer
- Do not try it on the Android devices which are locked by carrier
- Install the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Steps to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 6 Marshmallow
- Download and install the above files to your computer
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 on your computer and copy/paste the downloaded files to your SD card
- Then disconnect your tablet from computer and turn it off
- Now make your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to come in download mode now, which can be done by turning it on by pressing Volume Down + Power buttons
- Now in recovery mode, you need to wipe data by seleting all the three wipe cache, dalvin caches and factory reset
- Then you will select “Install from Sd card” that will flash ROM in your device
- Confirm installation on the next screen that should start now
- You need to repeat the above step for Gapps zip file and install it on tablet
- When installation completes you have to reboot your device which may take 5-6 minutes time..
- Your tablet is now running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. That’s it…