- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
- Qualcomm plans on supporting dual camera with Snapdragon 805
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 – Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware Update
Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 with the latest available Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. It has many advanced features that will double your joy with the device. The main focus of this app is on Bluetooth 3.0 art features and standard support to Open GLES 3.0. This is an unofficial update but as you see Android 4.4 is out now and the company is very slow on releasing the previous updates for most of their devices so, this is the only option you do have. Although it is unofficial but it doesn’t have any bug associated with it so you can update your Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 without any harm to it.
There are certain requirements that you must fulfill before you update your device but before that let us take a look at what Android 4.3 will add to your device.
Android 4.3 Features –
- Free Bloatware system
- Added dark themes
- Built-in Updater – Slim Bean ROM OTA
- Advanced notification drawer
- Slim Pie Launcher
- New lock screen shortcuts
- Customizable “Quick Settings”
- Your device must be rooted.
- Create a back up without using Samsun KIES. Use apps for SMSs and Call Logs and SD Card for other files and folders.
- Enable USB Debugging from “Settings”.
- Your PC must have latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- Charge your device to 50% battery power.
Now you have to download the following packages in order to proceed to update your device.
Steps to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware Update on Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 –
- After downloading the above packages in your PC move them to your tab by connecting it to the PC.
- Disconnect tab after the transfer is complete and switch it off.
- Make it enter in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Power + Home keys together for some time. You may use ROM Manager App for the same. Repeat until you see a robot on your screen.
- Wipe out data and cache using “Factory Data Reset” and “Wipe Cache” option.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”. It will open a new window for you where you can select the zip file you want to install in your device. Select the firmware package and wait for its installation.
- Repeat the above step for Google Apps package.
- Select “++++Go Back++++” and then “Reboot System Now”.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 is now installed with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware update. Drop comments if you face any problem at any step.