Samgung Galaxy S4 Mini owners can now have the latest update, Android 6.0.1 CM13 is currently rolled out to Galaxy S5 Mini I9195. Here we go with the important things that you need to do before installation and steps for updating process.
Root access should be ensured before moving ahead for installation process. Make sure that you have complete backup of your device, installation process might cause loss of your data. You need to deactivate all the security protection as it can interfere with installation process. You are recommended not to try installation process to other device other then the given model no. of device. Further more, you should charge your handset if its battery is below 50%, and check your USB debugging option.
Steps to install Android 6 based CM13 on S4 Mini I9195
- First of all download firmware file on computer don’t extract it just put on desktop
- Using USB cable connect your computer with your device and transfer the downloaded file from desktop to your phone’s external memory
- Disconnect your phone and turn it off and then enter the recovery mode on your device
- Make a wipe of data by selecting all the three from the recovery menu
- Wipe data factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Wipe dalvik cache
- Now its time to go back on main menu of recovery and select “install zip from SD card” and then select “choose zip from SD card”
- Now you should navigate to update file which you have copied to SD card and then flash the same
- In the last you have to reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now”
This is all how you can update Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini to Android 6.0.1 CM13 Marshmallow.