Latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 update is out for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. It is dubbed as XXUFNB3 firmware. The update will bring you many new features. And many minute changes in user interface. It is stable and fast. Following is the guide on how to install Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUFNB3 firmware update on your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500.
Below is the list of things that you will require before you proceed to install the update in your device.
- Make a back up. The process may corrupt your data so make a back up to be on safe side. Use apps for SMSs and Call logs and SD card for other files and folders.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Charged Galaxy S4 I9500.
- Computer with latest Samsung USB drivers.
Now download the following firmware file in your computer. Also download the latest version of Odin, we will use it to install the update in your device.
How To Install Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUFNB3 Firmware Update on Galaxy S4 I9500 –
- Extract the downloaded files on dektop of your computer.
- Turn your device off.
- Make it enter in download mode by pressing Volume Down + Power + Home keys together.
- Open Odin in your computer.
- Connect your device with the computer. The ID:COM section of Odin will show a change in its color.
- Go to “PDA” in Odin. Select the tar file from the extracted firmware zip file.
- Click to “Start”.
- Wait for 4-5 minutes.
- After the installation completes, your device will boot in normal mode.
- Disconnect it.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is now installed with Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUFNB3 firmware update. Yu can check out “Settings -> About Phone” to confirm. To post your doubts and queries, use the comments box.