- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Galaxy S3 I9300 – Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNA5 Firmware Update
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 received its new official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNA5 firmware update. The update is out in many regions and the users will receive the notification about the OTA update. If you haven’t received the notification yet, then you can install the update in your device manually. Here is a complete tutorial on how to install on official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNA5 firmware update on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Since this is an official firmware so updating your device with this will make it regain its warranty, also you will lose root access of your device.
Following is the requirements list that will tell you the needed things. Read it carefully.
- Make a back up. Use apps for syncing SMSs and Call Logs. For other things, use SD card.
- Your computer must have latest Samsung USB drivers.
- Charged Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Enable USB debugging in your device from its Settings.
Now download the following file in your computer. We will make use of Odin to install the update in your device.
How To Install Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNA5 Firmware Update on Galaxy S3 I9300 –
- After downloading the above mentioned files in your computer, extract them to desktop.
- Open Odin.
- Turn your device off and make it enter in download mode by pressing Volume Down + Power + Home keys together for some time.
- Connect your device with the computer. The ID:COM section of Odin will change its color on successful connection.
- Now go to “PDA” and select “CODE” file from the extracted firmware package.
- Go to “Phone” and select “MODEM” file from the same. (Ignore it if there is no such file in the package)
- Go to “CSC” and select “CSC” file. (Ignore it if there is no such file in the package)
- Go to “PIT” and select file with .pit extension. (Ignore it if there is no such file in the package)
- Now select “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” options in the Odin. If you have selected .pit file in above step then select “Re-Partition” in Odin.
- Click to “Start”.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 is now installed with official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNA5 firmware update. Check it out in “About Phone”. Drop your queries in comments.