An early build of Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Jelly Bean is available for Galaxy S3 I9300 users now. It is in experiment phase so has many bugs and issues associated with it but if you want to try out the latest Android 4.3 on your Galaxy S3 I9300 then here it is. It is an unofficial release and you will require CustomWorkMod recovery pre installed in your device in order to update it. Also since it has bugs with it and many features will still miss out after you install this so you would be require to install an official firmware again in order to make your device run smoothly again, as already told the update is only for a purpose to try Android 4.3.
Below is the step by step procedure to install the update but before that you are requested to go through the requirements list so that nothing misses out while you updating your device.
- Make a back up of your data since you have to clear your data before installing this update. Make use of SD card and apps for this purpose and avoid using Samsung KIES since KIES will not detect your device once you update it with this ROM.
- Latest Samsung USB drivers.
- Charged Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with pre-installed CustomWorkMod recovery and Google Apps.
- Enable USB debugging in your device.
- Your device must be rooted to install this ROM on it. Check out using Root Checker App if your device is rooted or not.
- Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM
- Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300 –
- Download the above files to your computer and connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 with it.
- Now move the downloaded files from the computer to SD Card root folder of your device.
- Now turn your smartphone off and boot it in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Power + Home keys together. Repeat the process until you see a green robot on your screen.
- Wipe out all your data by selecting “Wipe Data / Factory Reset”. Make use of volume keys to move up and down and use power key to select.
- Now clear cache by selecting “Wipe Cache Partition”. Now you may go to “Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache” to clear it as well but this is optional.
- Select “Install zip from SD card” and you will be directed to a new window asking you to “Choose zip file from SD card”. You have to select the downloaded files one by one respectively and the installation will begin as you select the file.
- At the end, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and then “Reboot System Now” to finish the installation.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 is now updated with Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM. Try your hand on it and share your experience with us.