- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
- OnePlus Two – Possible Specifications
- Google Play New Feature – Pre-register for apps
- Snapchat: Sharing Tool Added to Discover
Galaxy S3 I9300 – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMA2 Official Firmware Update
Galaxy S3 I9300 received yet another official update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMA2 firmware. Samsung has released this update in almost every country. The 4.1.2 update brings along with it all the features of Note 2 like Multi-window. This update also changes the notification bar and the Note 2 version of Gallery has been added. The Smart rotation feature as well as the new Samsung Keyboard is added. A number of new apps like Paper Artist and Group Cast are pre-installed. The S3 users can directly update their phones with this update using Samsung Kies. For manual update, you can follow the tutorial below.
Points to keep in mind before updating:
- This update is an official release by Samsung. Rooted devices will lose root after installing this firmware.
- A full system backup should be made before updating.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your phone.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC.
- Make sure your phone has enough charge (80-90% minimum) before you update your phone.
- Firmware package
- ODIN v1.85
Steps to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMA2 Firmware Update Galaxy S3 I9300 –
- Download the firmware package as well as ODIN from the links provided. Extract them in separate folders.
- Run ODIN in your PC.
- Restart your phone in download mode. To do so, turn off your phone. Now hold the volume down and home button and switch on using the power button simultaneously. You will see the Android Construction logo once you enter the download mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC while in download mode using a USB cable.
- When the device gets connected ODIN will display the “Added!!” message. ODIN will also display the COM port serial number.
- Now click the PDA box and insert the “.tar.md5” file.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options along with the Re-partition option.
- Click Start button to start the flashing process.
- When it’s done, your phone will reboot automatically.
You’re done!! You have successfully updated your Galaxy S3 I9300 with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMA2 firmware. Enjoy the new features along with the famous Multi-window. If you face any problems during the installation then do comment below.
Root your Galaxy S3 I9300 after updating it with this firmware.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013