- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
- Samsung sold 40 million tablets in 2013, targets 100 million in 2014
- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
How to update your Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.2 ZNDLL1 Jelly Bean
Recently, Samsung rolled out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for Galaxy S3 I9300 device in China. The firmware is known as ZNDLL1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Samsung is going to provide firmware update to rest of the countries as well but now we are here with the official firmware update for China.
Once you install this firmware, then all security issues will be fixed (if found). You can easily update your device with this firmware through Samsung Kies software or through OTA update. But if both the methods don’t go right and installation is not completed then you can try the manual method mentioned below.
We will guide you throughout the manual update process step by step.
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
- New Gallery
- Brightness Slider in Notification
- Improved Notification Panel
- Page Buddy
- Multiple Windows
- New Jelly Bean keyboard
- Improved rotation
- Paper Artist and Group Cast apps
Before going for the manual installation process, you must look at the following requirements.
- Most importantly back up all your personal stuff before starting the process. You can use Samsung Kies to back up or you can also go for any other backup app available in the GooglePlay store.
- Install your device’s USB drivers on your PC or laptop.
- From “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, Enable the USB Debugging feature.
- Make sure that the total available battery of your device is at least 80%.
Steps to Install Android 4.1.2 ZNDLL1 Firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300
- First, download (link mentioned above) and extract the firmware zip file on your PC or laptop. Also download and extract the ODIN app and run it.
- Second, restart your device by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power button together. This is how the device will start in the Download Mode. You will see Samsung Galaxy logo.
- Third, connect your device using original USB cable. ODIN will message you “Added!!” after successful connectivity. Also the ID:COM port will turn Yellow.
- Now start selecting files from the firmware extracted folder, first click on PDA button on ODIN and select file with name ‘code’, then click on Phone button and select file with name ‘modem’, click on CSC button and then select file with ‘csc’ name and at last, click on PIT button and select ‘.pit’ file. You can ignore a step if you don’t find its respective file.
- Now select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in ODIN. If you found .pit file then also select Re-Partition option.
- Now click on Start button to start the installation and wait till it is finished successfully.
That’s it! Now your device will restart automatically and it might take longer time than usual for the first time start. You can disconnect your device from PC and start using it. To check the android version you can follow this path, ‘’Settings > About phone’.