- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Galaxy S3 GT I9300: WanamLite ICS Custom ROM Firmware Update
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Update
There is a new firmware update released for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT i9300. The name of this all new Firmware is ‘WanamLite’. The firmware includes add-on features. Two versions of this firmware have been released, Jellybean 4.1 version and ICS. The former is unstable as said by the developer while the later one we will learn in due course of the article. The credit for this update goes to wanam developer.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’. Avoid using PC suite & KIES for the same as they do not go along with ROM firmwares.
- Minimum 50% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- Download the ROM Manager application available at Google PLAY store. Flash the CWM recovery.
Remember, you are supposed to apply the update only to Galaxy S3 GT I9300. Check your device’s model number in the ‘About phone’ options in ‘Settings’ menu.
Steps to install Wanamlite C-ROM Firmware in Galaxy S3 GT I9300:
- Download the package – Wanamlite Custom ROM firmware. Connect your Galaxy S3 GT I9300 and PC via USB cable and transfer the downloaded zip files to your phone’s internal memory.
- Disconnect and boot it in Recovery Mode. Press and hold Volume Up button + Menu button and turn On the device.
- Select the options “wipe data/factory reset” >> “wipe cache partition” to clear all the cache memory. In case your device already has a Custom ROM firmware, select “Advanced” >> “clear Dalvik cache”. Now choose ‘Install zip from SDCard’ after which you select ‘Choose zip from SDCard’. Select the file you transferred.
- After 3-4 minutes the process will be completed.
- The device takes 2-3 minutes to start and to show the options for language and country selection.
- In case your phone gets engaged in boot loop or doesn’t turn ON, reinsert the battery or long press the Power key and repeat the process from the start.
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT i9300 smart phone with this new Custom ROM firmware. You can confirm this by going to “About phone” in the “Settings” menu.