- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone
- Intex Aqua Xtreme V – Launched for 11,290 INR (16 GB)
- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
Galaxy S2 GT-I9100: Jelly Bean 4.2 Custom ROM Firmware Update
Few days back Google announced the development of the next update to Jelly Bean 4.1. This ROM, to be named as Android 4.2 Jelly Bean has lots of new features which were never before seen in any OS. Although this update has not been officially launched yet, the developers have already developed the custom version of the Android Jelly Bean 4.2. The custom ROM has been launched for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and I will be describing the steps to install this ROM in your S2.
But before that, let’s check the new features this ROM has to provide.
This ROM can be said as a combo pack of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID custom ROMs. It has a lot of new customization themes and modifications. The latest CM10 and AOKP vsync patched kernel along with Aroma installer has been added. Also, the recent Siyah and DorimanX is available. 4.2 versions of Google apps, Gallery, Camera, Keyboard, Clock and Google play music is added. A new mail driver has been provided. The camera has been modded with photo sphere and panorama works. A new composer i.e. Exynos HW composer is added. The lockscreen has been modified with x8 custom app shortcuts.
Before installing the update, keep in mind:
- You have a backup of the device data and the custom ROM if your device is rooted.
- USB debugging should be enabled. The Samsung USB drivers should be installed in the PC.
- This is not an official release. Installing this will require root.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be pre-installed.
Steps to Install Jelly Bean 4.2 Custom ROM Firmware in Galaxy S2 GT-I9100:
- Download the firmware package from the above link and transfer it to the phone SD card using USB cable.
- Switch off the phone and restart it in ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, hold the volume Up, Home and power on using the power button. In the recovery mode, navigate using the volume keys and select using the power button.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe out all the data. To do so, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”. From the main menu, select “Advanced>Wipe Dalvik cache” and confirm.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the package. Confirm to install.
- Reboot the phone after completing installation procedure.
That’s all about the installation part. Now your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 will be running the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2. Enjoy its new features and mods and do let us know if you have any queries regarding the installation.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013