- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
Galaxy S Duos: Install XXALHB based Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
The latest update for Galaxy S Duos S7562 i.e. Android 4.0.4 ICS XXALHB firmware has been released for the first time by Samsung mobile. Although this firmware has been released for the Germany users but you can update your Duos with this firmware using ODIN. We will be mentioning the steps to do so in later part of this article. This update will soon be followed by the official Google release of the Android 4.1.2 firmware and we will be there to guide you to updating your phone to the latest firmware.
Before updating your phone keep in mind:
- A backup of the device data should be made and if the device is rooted earlier then a backup of the custom ROM should be made as well.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. (To enable USB debugging, go to “Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging”).
- This version is the official version so it can hamper the root of the device if it was rooted previously.
- ODIN should be installed in the PC which is to be used for updating.
- Firmware download
Steps to update Galaxy S Duos with ICS 4.04
- Download the firmware files and extract it in the computer and start ODIN.
- Switch off the phone and restart it to enter into the download mode. (To enter into download mode, press and hold the volume down key and switch it on using the power button).
- As soon as the device gets connected to the computer the ID:COM box in ODIN will turn yellow and it will display the COM port serial number.
- Find a file named “tar”. Click on “PDA” box and select and click Start to start the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, the device will reboot.
That’s it! After a successful reboot (which might take some time longer than usual), the official firmware Android 4.0.4 XXALHB will be installed in your device. Enjoy the beautiful interface and lightning speed of Ice Cream Sandwich in your Galaxy S Duos.