- OnePlus 2 Invites – Physical Invitation Cards
- Moto G (2015) Designs Leaked
- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
Galaxy S Advance I9070: Install Android 2.3.6 XXLD3 Official Firmware
This is good news for all the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 users, the official Android 2.3.6 XXLD3 firmware has been released by Samsung worldwide. This update has a lot of bug fixes and performance has been slightly increased. This update can be downloaded to the respective devices from Samsung KIES. Those who wish to install it manually, just follow our guide below.
Prerequisites to installing Android 2.3.6:
- A backup of the device data should be made before updating.
- The Samsung USB drivers should be installed in the PC.
- USB debugging should be enabled.
- We will be using ODIN to flash this ROM into your device so make sure you have ODIN in your PC. Download link from ODIN has been provided below.
- This is an official release. Installing this will remove root from your phone if you have rooted it earlier.
- Firmware package
- ODIN v1.85
Steps to install Android 2.3.6 XXLD3 Official Firmware in Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- Firstly download the firmware package in your PC and run ODIN. If you don’t have ODIN, download it from above.
- Make sure all the USB drivers are properly installed.
- Restart your phone in download mode. To do so, switch off the phone. Now hold the volume down and home button and power on simultaneously to enter download mode. Once you see the Android logo on screen, click the power button to confirm.
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Once the phone gets connected, the ID:COM port will glow in yellow in ODIN and the COM port number will be displayed. This confirms that your phone has been connected successfully.
- Now insert the file named CODE in the PDA box.
- Insert the MODE file in the Phone box.
- Insert the CSC file in the CSC box and .pit file in the PIT box.
- Ignore if no such file exists.
- Check the Auto Reboot option and the F.Reset Time option in ODIN. If you have inserted a .pit file then check the Repartition option as well.
- Once these steps are completed, click on Start to start the installation.
That is all! After the installation is complete, your device will reboot automatically and will run the latest Android 2.3.6 XXLD3 firmware. Drop in your comments if you have any queries.