- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera
- Moto Maker now available in China
- OnePlus to announce something interesting on June 1
- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
Galaxy Note N7000 – Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM Update
After Galaxy S3 I9300, it is Galaxy Note N7000 users that are getting chance to try their hands on the latest Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. After the release of this ROM, all smartphone users are curious to know more about the ROM and want to work on it but the company will take time to release the ROM for all the devices. So, here is a solution, we have bought the experimental Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM for you. This is an unofficial build and has many bugs with it but if you want to try the latest Android 4.3 ROM then you can update your Galaxy Note N7000 with it.
Since it is a custom ROM based on AOSP so it will require your device to have custom recovery and Google Apps. There are few more requirements before you proceed to the actual updating procedure. We have listed all of them in following requirements list.
- Make a back up using apps and SD card since you have to wipe out your data in order to install this ROM. Also do not use Samsung KIES as once you install this ROM, KIES will be unable to read your device.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Install latest Samsung USB drivers in your computer.
- Your Galaxy Note N7000 must have custom recovery pre-installed in it.
- Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM
- Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Update on Galaxy Note N7000 –
- Download the above mentioned files in order to update your device with latest ROM.
- After downloading, connect your device to the computer and move the downloaded zip files to its SD card root folder.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and turn it to enter in recovery mode by pressing Power + Home keys along with Volume Up. Repeat until you see a green robot on screen indicating that you have successfully entered in recovery mode.
- Now go for wiping your data from the device by selecting “Wipe Data / Factory Reset”.
- Also clear out cache by selecting “Wipe Cache Partition”. You may wipe “Dalvik Cache” also that you will find in “Advanced” options but it is optional.
- Here is the final step where you will select “Install zip from SD card” and it will ask you to “Choose zip from SD card”. Select the Rom zip file first and wait until its installation and then repeat the process for Google Apps zip file.
- Now go for “+++++Go Back+++++” and then select “Reboot System Now”.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now updated with Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. Try your hand on it and share your experience with us. Also drop comments if you are having any problem in updating your device with this ROM.
Latest posts by Aayushi Jain (see all)
- Galaxy S6 Edge – How to Root on OE2 Firmware - May 29, 2015
- Galaxy S6 Edge – How to Update to OE2 Firmware - May 29, 2015
- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera - May 28, 2015