- Strife over worker wages causes strike at Amazon Germany
- Datawind’s Lifetime Internet Offer Gaining Traction As Diwali Launch Approaches
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact to be launched by 25 Sept
- HTC will soon launch its 9 inches long Nexus Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 officially launched in Thailand
- Candy Crush Postpone its Windows Platform Development
- Android L Smartphones – Crest Of Safety Or Unnecessary Trouble?
- Address of paid app developers will be made public – Google
- Note 4 and Galaxy S5 to get Android L by the end of year
- Facebook is about to launch a new app – Moments
How to update Galaxy Note with Android 4.2.2 Asylum Keiras Custom ROM
Are you a Galaxy Note N7000 user and waiting eagerly for the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean premium suite Samsung promises to launch? Well your wait is over! Although the premium suite is not out yet, you can enjoy the same features in this new custom ROM: the Asylum Keiras ROM based on the Android 4.2.2. The best part of this ROM is that it is based on the CM 10.1 so you can expect a bug free smooth and fast performance. Yes, you do require a rooted device to install this ROM since it is not officially launched by Samsung. Just follow our simple tutorial and experience the new ROM.
Keep in mind the following points before updating the phone:
- Do not forget to backup all your important data from your phone to your PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Root your Galaxy Note and install ClockworkMod recovery in it.
- Keep in mind that rooting voids warranty so proceed at your own risk.
- Your phone should be charged to the max before updating.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 Asylum Keiras ROM in Galaxy Note
- Firstly download the firmware and the Google apps package into your PC but do not extract it.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable and send the downloaded contents to the SD card. Then disconnect the phone.
- Now switch off the phone. Hold the volume up and home button and switch on using the power button. You will enter the ClockworkMod recovery.
- Clear the data in your phone by selecting the “Wipe data/Factory Reset” option in the recovery menu. Also clear the cache by selecting the “Clear cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the firmware. Select “Install zip from SD card à Choose zip from SD card” and choose the firmware package that you transferred into the SD card.
- After the firmware has been installed, follow the same process to install the Google apps package as well.
- Go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all!! You have successfully installed the Asylum Keiras custom ROM in your Galaxy Note. Enjoy the new ROM and its features. Comment below if you come across any problems or have any queries regarding the installation process.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013
OnePlus One First Look and Hands On
List of 5 best dual SIM android smartphones below 20,000 INR
Dual SIM Smartphones are quite in demand presently. Almost...
Apple Will Launch iPhone 6 in October for Indians
The much awaited Apple iPhone is all ready to...
iOS 8 Will Be Soon Available For Free Download
Apple is a brand that has always been the...
List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
Android 4.4 KitKat is the latest version of Android...
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i: Jellyblast 4.1.1 Firmware Update
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i is an android smartphone which...
Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500: How to root and install custom recovery image?
Here we will tell you how you can root...
We like you. Like us?
+1 or Circle Us
How to unsend an email sent from Gmail
It may happened to you lot of times that...
List of Top 5 Reverse Image Search Engines
You must have used many search engines to search...
Tips – How to buy a smartphone?
Buying a smartphone is always hard, there are lots...
Chrome – How to make web pages print-friendly PDF
Sometimes you need to print a web page and...
Moto G – 10 tips that will make it better
Motorola Moto G is a budget friendly device with...