- White Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 operating system is coming in JunePosted 5 days ago
- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 13 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 13 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 13 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 23 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 24 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 25 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 45 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 47 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 50 days ago
How to update Galaxy Note with Android 4.2.2 Asylum Keiras Custom ROM
Are you a Galaxy Note N7000 user and waiting eagerly for the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean premium suite Samsung promises to launch? Well your wait is over! Although the premium suite is not out yet, you can enjoy the same features in this new custom ROM: the Asylum Keiras ROM based on the Android 4.2.2. The best part of this ROM is that it is based on the CM 10.1 so you can expect a bug free smooth and fast performance. Yes, you do require a rooted device to install this ROM since it is not officially launched by Samsung. Just follow our simple tutorial and experience the new ROM.
Keep in mind the following points before updating the phone:
- Do not forget to backup all your important data from your phone to your PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Root your Galaxy Note and install ClockworkMod recovery in it.
- Keep in mind that rooting voids warranty so proceed at your own risk.
- Your phone should be charged to the max before updating.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 Asylum Keiras ROM in Galaxy Note
- Firstly download the firmware and the Google apps package into your PC but do not extract it.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable and send the downloaded contents to the SD card. Then disconnect the phone.
- Now switch off the phone. Hold the volume up and home button and switch on using the power button. You will enter the ClockworkMod recovery.
- Clear the data in your phone by selecting the “Wipe data/Factory Reset” option in the recovery menu. Also clear the cache by selecting the “Clear cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the firmware. Select “Install zip from SD card à Choose zip from SD card” and choose the firmware package that you transferred into the SD card.
- After the firmware has been installed, follow the same process to install the Google apps package as well.
- Go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all!! You have successfully installed the Asylum Keiras custom ROM in your Galaxy Note. Enjoy the new ROM and its features. Comment below if you come across any problems or have any queries regarding the installation process.