- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
How to update Galaxy Note with Android 4.2.2 Asylum Keiras Custom ROM
Are you a Galaxy Note N7000 user and waiting eagerly for the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean premium suite Samsung promises to launch? Well your wait is over! Although the premium suite is not out yet, you can enjoy the same features in this new custom ROM: the Asylum Keiras ROM based on the Android 4.2.2. The best part of this ROM is that it is based on the CM 10.1 so you can expect a bug free smooth and fast performance. Yes, you do require a rooted device to install this ROM since it is not officially launched by Samsung. Just follow our simple tutorial and experience the new ROM.
Keep in mind the following points before updating the phone:
- Do not forget to backup all your important data from your phone to your PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Root your Galaxy Note and install ClockworkMod recovery in it.
- Keep in mind that rooting voids warranty so proceed at your own risk.
- Your phone should be charged to the max before updating.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 Asylum Keiras ROM in Galaxy Note
- Firstly download the firmware and the Google apps package into your PC but do not extract it.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable and send the downloaded contents to the SD card. Then disconnect the phone.
- Now switch off the phone. Hold the volume up and home button and switch on using the power button. You will enter the ClockworkMod recovery.
- Clear the data in your phone by selecting the “Wipe data/Factory Reset” option in the recovery menu. Also clear the cache by selecting the “Clear cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the firmware. Select “Install zip from SD card à Choose zip from SD card” and choose the firmware package that you transferred into the SD card.
- After the firmware has been installed, follow the same process to install the Google apps package as well.
- Go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all!! You have successfully installed the Asylum Keiras custom ROM in your Galaxy Note. Enjoy the new ROM and its features. Comment below if you come across any problems or have any queries regarding the installation process.