- White Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 operating system is coming in JunePosted 4 days ago
- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 12 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 13 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 13 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 23 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 24 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 24 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 45 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 47 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 50 days ago
Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K – Official Android 4.1.2 KKVMB1 Jelly Bean Firmware
The very popular Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K received yet another official update from Samsung: the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean KKVMB1 firmware. This update has been released mainly in Korea but not worry as this update can be installed directly by flashing the firmware. The update brings with it some minor fixes and tweaks. This update can be installed directly through Samsung Kies or manually using ODIN. ODIN will flash the firmware directly into your phone.
Points to keep in mind before updating:
- A full system backup should be made in the PC before attempting to update.
- The USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- This is an official update by Samsung. Rooted devices will lose root access after installing this update.
- Charge your device fully before updating.
- Make sure you have ODIN installed in your PC.
Steps to Install Official Android 4.1.2 KKVMB1 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K -
- The firmware package along with ODIN has been provided in the above links. Download them and extract them in separate folders.
- Go the folder where you have extracted ODIN. Run ODIN in your PC.
- Run your phone in download mode. To enter the download mode of your device, switch it on by holding the volume down button, the home button and the power button. When you enter the download mode then you shall see the Android construction logo.
- Connect the phone in this mode to the PC using USB cable and wait for ODIN to detect it.
- When ODIN detects your device, it will show the COM port number in the ID:COM box.
- Insert the following files in their respective boxes as follows:
PDA box à insert the CODE file
Phone box à insert the MODEM file
CSC box à insert the CSC file
PIT box à insert the PIT file
If no such file is available then ignore.
- After inserting, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. Check the Re-partition option if you have inserted a .pit file.
- Double check everything and click the Start to button to initialise the flashing process. Wait for the device to reboot.
After the flashing is complete, your Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K will reboot and you will have successfully updated your phone with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean KKVMB1 official firmware. Enjoy the new features and comment below if you bump into any problems during installation.