- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
- Samsung sold 40 million tablets in 2013, targets 100 million in 2014
- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K – Official Android 4.1.2 KKVMB1 Jelly Bean Firmware
The very popular Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K received yet another official update from Samsung: the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean KKVMB1 firmware. This update has been released mainly in Korea but not worry as this update can be installed directly by flashing the firmware. The update brings with it some minor fixes and tweaks. This update can be installed directly through Samsung Kies or manually using ODIN. ODIN will flash the firmware directly into your phone.
Points to keep in mind before updating:
- A full system backup should be made in the PC before attempting to update.
- The USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- This is an official update by Samsung. Rooted devices will lose root access after installing this update.
- Charge your device fully before updating.
- Make sure you have ODIN installed in your PC.
Steps to Install Official Android 4.1.2 KKVMB1 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K -
- The firmware package along with ODIN has been provided in the above links. Download them and extract them in separate folders.
- Go the folder where you have extracted ODIN. Run ODIN in your PC.
- Run your phone in download mode. To enter the download mode of your device, switch it on by holding the volume down button, the home button and the power button. When you enter the download mode then you shall see the Android construction logo.
- Connect the phone in this mode to the PC using USB cable and wait for ODIN to detect it.
- When ODIN detects your device, it will show the COM port number in the ID:COM box.
- Insert the following files in their respective boxes as follows:
PDA box à insert the CODE file
Phone box à insert the MODEM file
CSC box à insert the CSC file
PIT box à insert the PIT file
If no such file is available then ignore.
- After inserting, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. Check the Re-partition option if you have inserted a .pit file.
- Double check everything and click the Start to button to initialise the flashing process. Wait for the device to reboot.
After the flashing is complete, your Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250K will reboot and you will have successfully updated your phone with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean KKVMB1 official firmware. Enjoy the new features and comment below if you bump into any problems during installation.