- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 8 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 8 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 9 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 18 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 19 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 20 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 41 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 42 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 45 days ago
- Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update in IndiaPosted 52 days ago
Galaxy Nexus I9250 – Install MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean
A new custom ROM has been developed for the Galaxy Nexus I9250. This custom ROM, the MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM is a blend of both Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware and CyanogenMod 10.1. What makes this ROM unique is its design and optimizations. This ROM gives the users a number of options to tweak their phones and boost its performance. If you wish to install this custom made ROM in your Galaxy Nexus I9250 then follow our tutorial below.
Let’s look at some of the features of the ROM:
The ROM is a mix of both CyanogenMod 10.1 and MCR. It is de-odexed and the applications do not get disabled during booting. The Legacy Play Store, Legacy Browser and flash has been added. Apps like Titanium backup, Nova and Apex launcher are preinstalled. The Boot Logo has been modified and the MoDaCo logo is used instead. There is more to this ROM so do give it a try.
Prerequisites to installing the custom ROM:
- A proper backup of the device data is a must.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Your phone should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
- This is not an official release. Installing it will void warranty.
Steps to update Nexus I9250 to Android 4.2.1
- Firstly download the above firmware package for your device in your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your phone and connect it to the PC via USB cable. Transfer the downloaded package to the device SD card.
- Now unplug the USB cable and reboot your phone in recovery mode. To enter recovery mode, switch off your phone. Now hold the volume up, volume down and power button to reboot the phone. You will enter the ClockworkMod recovery. In this mode, use the volume buttons to navigate and power button to select.
- Remove all the data in your phone. To do so, select “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Clear cache partition”.
- Now select “Install zip from SD cardàChoose zip from SD card” and select the downloaded firmware package. Confirm to start the installation.
- The installation will take some time. The device will reboot once it complete.
That’s all! Now you have successfully installed the MoDaCo CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM in your Galaxy Nexus I9250. Have fun with the new ROM and check out its different features. If you face any problems during the installation, do comment below.