- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
- OnePlus Two – Possible Specifications
- Google Play New Feature – Pre-register for apps
- Snapchat: Sharing Tool Added to Discover
Galaxy Nexus I9250 – Install Android 4.3 Official Update Manually
This week’s hot news is the Android 4.3 update for Nexus devices. In my recent article I showed you guys how to install this update in Nexus 4. Now in this article I’ll show you how to install official Android 4.3 JWR66V in Galaxy Nexus I9250. So before we start take a look at the prerequisites.
- Take the backup of your important data. Like SMS, Contacts, Apps etc.
- Turn ON the USB debugging on your device.
- The battery level should be more than 70%.
- Go to “Settings->About phone”. You must be using Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 to be able to install this update.
- Download the drivers of Galaxy Nexus to your computer.
- Your device should be non rooted.
Steps to install Android 4.3 Manual Update in Nexus I9250
- First of all download the package from downloads section above. Change the filename to update.zip.
- Use the USB cable to connect your phone to computer.
- Move your update.zip file to sdCard of your device.
- Power off your Nexus device. Restart it in Bootloader mode by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together. It will take you to fastboot menu, select START option.
- Use Volume Up button 5-6 times you’ll get the Recovery, select it by Power button, you will see an exclamation mark. Now keep holding Volume Up + Power buttons, you’ll get into the Recovery Mode Menu.
- Choose the option which says “update from SD card”. Locate the update.zip file. Press the Power button for confirmation.
- Your device will start installing the update. It will take some time. Keep patience.
By following the above steps you’ll get Android 4.3 official update in your Nexus I9250. Enjoy! If you get any error then let me know via comments.
Latest posts by Chankey Pathak (see all)
- Giveaway – WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro - April 22, 2015
- OnePlus One battery issue – Google Services consuming battery - April 15, 2015
- Intex Aqua 4X Unboxing - November 8, 2014