- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
- Qualcomm plans on supporting dual camera with Snapdragon 805
How to update Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM with AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Firmware
From the time they entered the Android market, the AOKP based ROMs have been known for their superior and bug free performance. These ROMs come with a bundle of features and tweaks and promises to differ from other ROMs in various aspects. The AOKP MR1 custom ROM has been developed for the GSM version of Galaxy Nexus I9250 and is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware. If you wish to update your phone with this custom ROM then you can refer to the tutorial given below.
Points to keep a check on before proceeding further:
- This is a custom ROM and not an official release by Samsung. Installing this ROM requires your device to be rooted.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging in your handset.
- Do make a proper backup of all the data in your phone in your PC.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
- This ROM is only for the GSM version of Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250. Please do not install it in any other device.
Steps to install AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM
- Download the above mentioned firmwares in your PC but keep in mind not to extract them.
- Connect your phone to the PC using USB cable with USB debugging mode enabled. Transfer the packages to the device SD card.
- Now enter the ClockworkMod recovery of your phone. To do so, first switch off your phone. Hold the volume up and down buttons and switch on using the Power key simultaneously to enter the recovery mode. You can use the volume keys to navigate and the power key to select while inside the recovery mode.
- Firstly wipe out all the data of your device. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition” options to remove the data.
- Now choose “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package which was transferred to the SD card. Confirm to start the installation.
- When the above step is completed successfully, follow the same once more to install the Google Apps package.
- After installing both the packages, go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM in your Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy the new features and do let us know if you bump into any problems during installation.