- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
How to update Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM with AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Firmware
From the time they entered the Android market, the AOKP based ROMs have been known for their superior and bug free performance. These ROMs come with a bundle of features and tweaks and promises to differ from other ROMs in various aspects. The AOKP MR1 custom ROM has been developed for the GSM version of Galaxy Nexus I9250 and is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware. If you wish to update your phone with this custom ROM then you can refer to the tutorial given below.
Points to keep a check on before proceeding further:
- This is a custom ROM and not an official release by Samsung. Installing this ROM requires your device to be rooted.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging in your handset.
- Do make a proper backup of all the data in your phone in your PC.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
- This ROM is only for the GSM version of Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250. Please do not install it in any other device.
- Android 4.2 for Nexus I9250
- Google Apps package
Steps to install AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM
- Download the above mentioned firmwares in your PC but keep in mind not to extract them.
- Connect your phone to the PC using USB cable with USB debugging mode enabled. Transfer the packages to the device SD card.
- Now enter the ClockworkMod recovery of your phone. To do so, first switch off your phone. Hold the volume up and down buttons and switch on using the Power key simultaneously to enter the recovery mode. You can use the volume keys to navigate and the power key to select while inside the recovery mode.
- Firstly wipe out all the data of your device. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition” options to remove the data.
- Now choose “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package which was transferred to the SD card. Confirm to start the installation.
- When the above step is completed successfully, follow the same once more to install the Google Apps package.
- After installing both the packages, go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM in your Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy the new features and do let us know if you bump into any problems during installation.