- Strife over worker wages causes strike at Amazon Germany
- Datawind’s Lifetime Internet Offer Gaining Traction As Diwali Launch Approaches
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact to be launched by 25 Sept
- HTC will soon launch its 9 inches long Nexus Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 officially launched in Thailand
- Candy Crush Postpone its Windows Platform Development
- Android L Smartphones – Crest Of Safety Or Unnecessary Trouble?
- Address of paid app developers will be made public – Google
- Note 4 and Galaxy S5 to get Android L by the end of year
- Facebook is about to launch a new app – Moments
How to update Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM with AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Firmware
From the time they entered the Android market, the AOKP based ROMs have been known for their superior and bug free performance. These ROMs come with a bundle of features and tweaks and promises to differ from other ROMs in various aspects. The AOKP MR1 custom ROM has been developed for the GSM version of Galaxy Nexus I9250 and is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware. If you wish to update your phone with this custom ROM then you can refer to the tutorial given below.
Points to keep a check on before proceeding further:
- This is a custom ROM and not an official release by Samsung. Installing this ROM requires your device to be rooted.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging in your handset.
- Do make a proper backup of all the data in your phone in your PC.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
- This ROM is only for the GSM version of Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250. Please do not install it in any other device.
Steps to install AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM
- Download the above mentioned firmwares in your PC but keep in mind not to extract them.
- Connect your phone to the PC using USB cable with USB debugging mode enabled. Transfer the packages to the device SD card.
- Now enter the ClockworkMod recovery of your phone. To do so, first switch off your phone. Hold the volume up and down buttons and switch on using the Power key simultaneously to enter the recovery mode. You can use the volume keys to navigate and the power key to select while inside the recovery mode.
- Firstly wipe out all the data of your device. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition” options to remove the data.
- Now choose “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package which was transferred to the SD card. Confirm to start the installation.
- When the above step is completed successfully, follow the same once more to install the Google Apps package.
- After installing both the packages, go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM in your Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy the new features and do let us know if you bump into any problems during installation.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013
OnePlus One First Look and Hands On
List of 5 best dual SIM android smartphones below 20,000 INR
Dual SIM Smartphones are quite in demand presently. Almost...
Apple Will Launch iPhone 6 in October for Indians
The much awaited Apple iPhone is all ready to...
iOS 8 Will Be Soon Available For Free Download
Apple is a brand that has always been the...
List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
Android 4.4 KitKat is the latest version of Android...
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i: Jellyblast 4.1.1 Firmware Update
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i is an android smartphone which...
Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500: How to root and install custom recovery image?
Here we will tell you how you can root...
We like you. Like us?
+1 or Circle Us
How to unsend an email sent from Gmail
It may happened to you lot of times that...
List of Top 5 Reverse Image Search Engines
You must have used many search engines to search...
Tips – How to buy a smartphone?
Buying a smartphone is always hard, there are lots...
Chrome – How to make web pages print-friendly PDF
Sometimes you need to print a web page and...
Moto G – 10 tips that will make it better
Motorola Moto G is a budget friendly device with...