- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera
- Moto Maker now available in China
- OnePlus to announce something interesting on June 1
- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
How to update Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM with AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Firmware
From the time they entered the Android market, the AOKP based ROMs have been known for their superior and bug free performance. These ROMs come with a bundle of features and tweaks and promises to differ from other ROMs in various aspects. The AOKP MR1 custom ROM has been developed for the GSM version of Galaxy Nexus I9250 and is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware. If you wish to update your phone with this custom ROM then you can refer to the tutorial given below.
Points to keep a check on before proceeding further:
- This is a custom ROM and not an official release by Samsung. Installing this ROM requires your device to be rooted.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging in your handset.
- Do make a proper backup of all the data in your phone in your PC.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
- This ROM is only for the GSM version of Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250. Please do not install it in any other device.
Steps to install AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM
- Download the above mentioned firmwares in your PC but keep in mind not to extract them.
- Connect your phone to the PC using USB cable with USB debugging mode enabled. Transfer the packages to the device SD card.
- Now enter the ClockworkMod recovery of your phone. To do so, first switch off your phone. Hold the volume up and down buttons and switch on using the Power key simultaneously to enter the recovery mode. You can use the volume keys to navigate and the power key to select while inside the recovery mode.
- Firstly wipe out all the data of your device. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition” options to remove the data.
- Now choose “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package which was transferred to the SD card. Confirm to start the installation.
- When the above step is completed successfully, follow the same once more to install the Google Apps package.
- After installing both the packages, go back and reboot the phone.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the AOKP MR1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM in your Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy the new features and do let us know if you bump into any problems during installation.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013