- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
- Qualcomm plans on supporting dual camera with Snapdragon 805
Galaxy Mini 2 S6500: Root with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLD2 Firmware
The latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread based XXLD2 firmware has been released for Galaxy Mini 2 S6500. This version is the fixed root version for the device. The Galaxy Mini 2 users who already update their devices to the official Android 2.3.6 firmware and were unable to root their devices back can follow our guide below to gain root access into their phones.
Prerequisites to installing the update:
- A backup should be made of the device data.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. (To enable USB debugging, go to “Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging”).
- ODIN v1.85 should be preinstalled in the computer to be used for the update.
- USB drivers of Galaxy Mini 2 should be properly installed in the PC.
- The current ROM installed in the device before updating should be Android 2.3.6 XXLD2 firmware. Go to Settings>About phone to check.
Steps to root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 with Android 2.3.6 XXLD2
- Download and extract the firmware package into the PC and start ODIN.
- Turn off the phone and restart it to enter into the download mode. (To enter into download mode, press and hold the volume down key and turn it on using the power button).
- As the phone gets connected to the PC, the ID:COM port will glow yellow displaying the COM port serial number.
- Select the “ClockworkMod-184.108.40.206.tar.md5” file in the “PDA” box.
- Do check the AutoReboot and F.Reset Time boxes. Click Start to begin installation.
- After the installation, the phone will restart. Power it off again and reboot it in recovery mode. (Hold the volume Up button, the Home button and start the phone using the Power button simultaneously until the Recovery menu can be seen. Navigate in recovery mode using volume buttons and select using power button).
- Find a file named RunMe.bat in the RootMe package and double click it to start. A command prompt window will open. Follow the instructions displayed on the window.
- After completing this process, go back using the “home key” and select “reboot system now”. Your device will restart.
After this, your Galaxy Mini 2 will be rooted to the latest firmware Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLD2. If you face any problems during the installation, do drop in your comments and we will try to help you with your queries.