- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
- Images of Moto S and Droid Turbo Leaked
- Sale of Moto X (2nd GEN) Started at Flipkart
Galaxy Mini 2 S6500: Root with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLD2 Firmware
The latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread based XXLD2 firmware has been released for Galaxy Mini 2 S6500. This version is the fixed root version for the device. The Galaxy Mini 2 users who already update their devices to the official Android 2.3.6 firmware and were unable to root their devices back can follow our guide below to gain root access into their phones.
Prerequisites to installing the update:
- A backup should be made of the device data.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. (To enable USB debugging, go to “Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging”).
- ODIN v1.85 should be preinstalled in the computer to be used for the update.
- USB drivers of Galaxy Mini 2 should be properly installed in the PC.
- The current ROM installed in the device before updating should be Android 2.3.6 XXLD2 firmware. Go to Settings>About phone to check.
Steps to root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 with Android 2.3.6 XXLD2
- Download and extract the firmware package into the PC and start ODIN.
- Turn off the phone and restart it to enter into the download mode. (To enter into download mode, press and hold the volume down key and turn it on using the power button).
- As the phone gets connected to the PC, the ID:COM port will glow yellow displaying the COM port serial number.
- Select the “ClockworkMod-18.104.22.168.tar.md5” file in the “PDA” box.
- Do check the AutoReboot and F.Reset Time boxes. Click Start to begin installation.
- After the installation, the phone will restart. Power it off again and reboot it in recovery mode. (Hold the volume Up button, the Home button and start the phone using the Power button simultaneously until the Recovery menu can be seen. Navigate in recovery mode using volume buttons and select using power button).
- Find a file named RunMe.bat in the RootMe package and double click it to start. A command prompt window will open. Follow the instructions displayed on the window.
- After completing this process, go back using the “home key” and select “reboot system now”. Your device will restart.
After this, your Galaxy Mini 2 will be rooted to the latest firmware Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLD2. If you face any problems during the installation, do drop in your comments and we will try to help you with your queries.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013