- Samsung Galaxy A8 Specs and Features Leaked
- Oppo R7 Images Leaked
- OnePlus One CyanogenMod 12S Update Soon to Come
- HTC One M9+ Photos Leaked
- Teaser – OnePlus DR-1 Drone
- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone
- Intex Aqua Xtreme V – Launched for 11,290 INR (16 GB)
- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
Galaxy Gio S5660 – Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Firmware Update
While other device users are waiting for their turn to get the latest Android update, Galaxy Gio S5660 users can try their hands on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 firmware. It will provide you with new features and great experience. Samsung is not going to release any android KitKat update for this device so this is the only chance for the users to experience the new. So take out your Galaxy Gio S5660 and follow the guide.
Before we go to the steps to install the update in your device, we have prepared a list of things that you will require on the go, so go through it before your update your device.
- Create a back up of all your important data. Do not use KIES but use SD card at its best.
- Enable USB debugging in your device.
- Charged Galaxy Gio S5660.
Now you need to download the following firmware packages in your computer in order to install them in your device.
Steps to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Firmware on Galaxy Gio S5660 –
- After you have downloaded the files in your computer move them to your device by connecting it to the computer.
- Now disconnect it and switch it off.
- Now you have to boot your device in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power keys together. You can use ROM manager app for the same.
- After you successfully enter in recovery mode, select “Factory Reset” and clear cache using “Wipe Cache”.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card” and then it will ask you to select the file from SD card.
- Select the firmware package first and wait till its installation. Repeat the same for Google Apps package.
- Now go to “Go Back” and “Reboot System Now”.
Your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 is now installed with Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 firmware update. Comment your queries, if any.
Latest posts by Aayushi Jain (see all)
- OnePlus One – How to Enable Voice Wakeup on CM12S - April 16, 2015
- OnePlus One – How To Root on CM12S Android Lollipop Update - April 15, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Specs and Features Leaked - April 14, 2015