- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
- Bombay High Court Goes Digital Using E-Court
- Android 4.4 KitKat Images Leaked – Android Police Says Not Real
- BBM for Android is now available, Download the APK file
- Nokia postponed the launch of its new smartphone Lumia 1520
- IFA 2013 Summary – Top 5 Gadgets
- Apple set to launch its new Smartphone – iPhone 5S
- Buy LG G2 From AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon From Sep 12th
Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 – Install Official XXLL2 Android 2.3.6 Firmware
Now Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 can be updated with latest official firmware out by Samsung. This firmware will update the android version of the device to Gingerbread 2.3.6. You can install XXLL2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 using out step by step tutorial but first look at the following requirements.
- First create a back up of all your personal content stored on your device using either Samsung Kies or using any other back up app. [Help]
- Do enable the USB debugging option from the development settings on your smartphone. [Help]
- Recharge the battery to at least 80%.
- At last, download and install the USB drivers of your device on the PC or laptop. [Link Here]
Steps to Update Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with XXLL2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official Firmware:
- First download the package from the above mentioned links to your PC or laptop.
- Restart your device by pressing Volume down, Home and Power buttons together to get into the download mode.
- Now start the ODIN app on your PC or laptop and connect the device via USB cable while in the download mode. Once your device is connected then the ID:COM option on ODIN will turn yellow.
- Now extract the firmware file on your PC and start selecting them as following. First click on ‘PDA’ option in ODIN and select ‘CODE’ file from the package, then click on ‘Phone’ and select ‘MODEM’ file, then click ‘CSC’ option and select ‘CSC’ file and at last select ‘PIT’ option and then select .pit file.
- Now select ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ options in the ODIN and if you found the .pit file then also select ‘Re-Partition’ option otherwise leave it.
- Click on the Start button in the ODIN to start the installation. Once the installation is finished then your device will restart automatically.
Congratulations! Now your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 is updated with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLL2 official firmware. You can check it from ‘Settings > About phone’.