- Oppo N3 with rotatable camera will be launched on 29 October
- Micromax Canvas A1 based on Android One – Specs and Features
- Spice UNO Mi 498 based on Android one – Specs and Features
- China made face recognition system with 99% success rate for payment gateways
- IUNI U3 Launched With Some Remarkable Specs and Features
- Micromax And Karbonn Will Launch Android One Tomorrow (15 September)
- LG launches G2 Lite to compete with new Moto G
- Android applications list for Chrome OS unveiled
- Moto X Pure Edition Will Be Launched In September
- Android KitKat 4.4 is running on 24.5% devices – September
Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 – Install Official XXLL2 Android 2.3.6 Firmware
Now Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 can be updated with latest official firmware out by Samsung. This firmware will update the android version of the device to Gingerbread 2.3.6. You can install XXLL2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 using out step by step tutorial but first look at the following requirements.
- First create a back up of all your personal content stored on your device using either Samsung Kies or using any other back up app. [Help]
- Do enable the USB debugging option from the development settings on your smartphone. [Help]
- Recharge the battery to at least 80%.
- At last, download and install the USB drivers of your device on the PC or laptop. [Link Here]
- XXLL2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official Firmware
- ODIN v1.85
Steps to Update Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with XXLL2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official Firmware:
- First download the package from the above mentioned links to your PC or laptop.
- Restart your device by pressing Volume down, Home and Power buttons together to get into the download mode.
- Now start the ODIN app on your PC or laptop and connect the device via USB cable while in the download mode. Once your device is connected then the ID:COM option on ODIN will turn yellow.
- Now extract the firmware file on your PC and start selecting them as following. First click on ‘PDA’ option in ODIN and select ‘CODE’ file from the package, then click on ‘Phone’ and select ‘MODEM’ file, then click ‘CSC’ option and select ‘CSC’ file and at last select ‘PIT’ option and then select .pit file.
- Now select ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ options in the ODIN and if you found the .pit file then also select ‘Re-Partition’ option otherwise leave it.
- Click on the Start button in the ODIN to start the installation. Once the installation is finished then your device will restart automatically.
Congratulations! Now your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 is updated with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXLL2 official firmware. You can check it from ‘Settings > About phone’.
Latest posts by Pawan Kumar (see all)
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – Rooting on ZSBMA1 based Official Android 4.1.1 - January 16, 2013
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – Install ZSBMA1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update - January 16, 2013
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – XXBLL3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update - January 14, 2013