- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Comparison: Micromax Canvas 4 VS Xolo Q1000S
Popular players in Indian mobile market – Micromax and Xolo have launched a competitive phone in the high end range- Micromax Canvas 4 and Xolo Q1000S. Micromax Canvas 4 is priced at Rs.17,000 and Xolo Q1000S is priced at Rs.19,000 .Lets have a look at the various features of both the smartphones:
Design & Hardware
Micromax Canvas 4 has an elegant design with a 5 inch display screen whereas on the other hand Xolo Q1000S is a slim device with a thickness of 6.9 mm .Xolo Q1000S also has a 5 inch display screen. Micromax Canvas 4 has a 720×1280 pixels resolution whereas Xolo Q1000S has a 720×1289 pixels resolution. Moreover, Micromax Canvas 4 is powered by a 1.2 Ghz quad core processor with 1 GB RAM whereas on the other hand Xolo Q1000S is powered by 1.5 Ghz quad core processor. Also Xolo Q1000S consists of Asahi Dragon trail Glass to protect make the display scratch resistant. Both the devise supports an onboard memory of 16 GB whereas on one hand Micromax Canvas 4 supports an expandable memory option of 32 GB whereas Xolo Q1000S does not have the expandable memory option.
Software & Features
Interestingly,both Micromax and Xolo devices run on Android 4.2 operating system. The devices are supported with Google maps features along with camera features of geo tagging, touch focus, face detection,panorama,HDR are available in both the devices. In operational terms,Micromax Canvas 4 supports a 2300mAh battery whereas Xolo Q1000S supports a 2500 mAh battery.
With 13 MP camera in both the devices, Micromax and Xolo give each other a stiff competition in Indian market. Micromax Canvas has a secondary camera of 5 MP with video calling and self-portrait features which is exactly the same in Xolo Q1000S.Boteh the devices have media transfer options along with FM radio and standard QWERTY keypad feature. Micromax Canvas 4 is available in the market in two colors precisely grey and white and Xolo Q1000S is available in the market in black color only currently.
Though it’s hard to make out any major difference between both the smartphones as Micromax Canvas 4 and Xolo Q1000S both has almost exactly the same features and are available in the same price band. The only difference between both the smartphones is the expandable memory option which is present in Micromax Canvas 4 with a 32 GB and is absent in Xolo Q1000S.Apart from this particular difference, both the smartphones will provide the user to be spoiled for choices in this range.