- Samsung Galaxy Alpha – Launch date is 27 September
- Google Nexus 5 Is Dead – Is Nexus 6 Ready?
- Finnish Smartphone Jolla Comes To India
- Blackberry’s Passport Launching soon in India
- HTC launches 3 Desire models in India
- Strife over worker wages causes strike at Amazon Germany
- Datawind’s Lifetime Internet Offer Gaining Traction As Diwali Launch Approaches
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact to be launched by 25 Sept
- HTC will soon launch its 9 inches long Nexus Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 officially launched in Thailand
Comparison – Micromax Canvas 2 A110 VS Micromax Canvas 3D A115
Micromax released its 3D smartphone recently and named it as Canvas 3D A115. Micromax Canvas 2 A110 is also a famous device by Micromax so here is a comparison between the two devices by the same company. We will cover every aspect of both the device with their specs, features and price.
This comparison will reveal every truth regarding the two smartphones and at end we have summed up a final verdict about the device. So, let us start with the comparison. We will start with the design and display of both the devices and further cover their other specs and features in details.
Design and Display
Canvas 3D has 5 inches 3D capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels screen resolution. You don’t need 3D glasses to see the content. It has 187 pixels per inch. The smartphone support dual SIM and dual stand by.
Canvas 2 has 5 inches of IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 854 pixels resolution. The PPI density of this device is 196. It also serves dual SIM support but doesn’t have dual stand by support.
Here, Canvas 3D scores more than the other smartphone due to its 3D feature.
A115 will be shipped with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean while A110 will come with Android ICS 4.0.4 upgradable to 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Both the devices have same internal memory of 4 GB and both support external SD card up to 32 GB but they differ in their RAM. 3D has 1 GB RAM while A110 has only 512 MB RAM. There is an issue regarding the RAM of Canvas 3D as many people say that it has only 512 MB RAM but all online stores are mentioning 1 GB. We will update it whenever Micromax confirms it.
Canvas 3D has 5 MP LED flash camera with auto focus and Geo tagging features and 2560 x 1920 pixels resolution. It also has a secondary front VGA camera.
Canvas 2 is better in this part as it has 8 MP camera with dual LED flash, Geo tagging, auto focus, face detection and touch focus features with 3264 x 2448 pixels resolution. It also has secondary VGA front camera.
The camera quality and features of Canvas 2 is better than 3D.
- A115 – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi hotspot, micro USB card slot
- A110 – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi hotspot, micro USB card slot
Both the smartphones have almost same connectivity features, the only difference is in Bluetooth connectivity, A115 has 4.0 Bluetooth while the other has Bluetooth 3.0. It may be because A110 is older than A115.
Micromax A115 has dual core 1.2 GHz processor with MTK6577 chipset and 2000 mAh battery while A110 has dual core 1.0 GHz A9 processor with same chipset and battery power. If they have same RAM then the performance of both the device will be almost equal but if A115 has 1 GB RAM then it will be obviously faster than A110.
Additionally Micromax canvas 3D has FM radio, SNS integration and A GPS while Canvas 2 has only FM radio.
There is only 1000 INR of difference in the prices of Canvas 3D and Canvas 2. The price of A115 is 9999 INR while the price of A110 is 10999 INR.
Final Verdict – Micromax Canvas 2 A110 or Micromax Canvas 3D A115?
Most of the features of both the smartphones are same, the main difference is in their camera, display and OS they will be shipped with. It is really hard to select best among them. Now since they are almost same, it depends on you that what exactly you need in the smartphone and based on that you can select any of them. If you want a good camera in your device then go with Canvas 2 and if you want to have 3D experience then go with Canvas 3D.
In my opinion, 3D is a new feature and one must experience it so I will go with Micromax Canvas 3D A115.
Latest posts by Aayushi Jain (see all)
- Asus Zenfone 5 – How to root and unroot this smartphone - August 17, 2014
- Galaxy Note 3 – Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUENG1 Firmware Update - August 6, 2014
- Any.do – Create, Manage and Share To-do Lists - July 18, 2014