- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
- Samsung sold 40 million tablets in 2013, targets 100 million in 2014
- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3: Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware Update
Now install the latest Parandroid C ROM firmware to your AT&T Galaxy S3. This new firmware comes with additional features to the ICS firmware previously used by Galaxy S3. This isn’t an official update by Samsung Electronics. It provides Jellybean-like looks and features. The credit for this highly advanced Firmware goes to recognized XDA developer thebz1.
Though the firmware provides many additional features, it do not go along with some of the things of your Samsung Galaxy S3. Camera Force Close will not work on this firmware. Also, Bluetooth A2DP doesn’t work (the normal Bluetooth will work though).
Features with Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware in Galaxy s3:
- Camera and its focus have been fixed.
- Increased performance
- Bug for random reboot or Sleep of Death also fixed.
- Phone fixed and its other misc. bugs are also removed.
- Full overlay user interface is now enabled.
- It has an updated Major kernel.
- Clean install bug has been fixed as well.
- Trebuchet is added to this firmware along with Default Launcher.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “Root Checker” app available at Google PLAY store.
- USB debugging must be enabled. Go to ‘Settings’, there select the option ‘Applications’ and then choose ‘Development’ > enable ‘USB debugging’.
Steps to install Parandroid C ROM Firmware in smasung Galaxy S3:
- To your PC, download Google apps and Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware Package. Transfer these files to your device via USB cable and disconnect after the copying is done.
- Enter the recovery mode. For this Press and hold Volume Up button, centre key, and together press Power switch.
- Now choose the options “Install zip from SDcard” and “Choose zip from SDcard” using Volume keys. The process continues for 4-5 minutes.
By now you have finally updated your Samsung AT&T Galaxy S3 successfully with the latest Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware update. If your device doesn’t turn on or is stuck at Samsung Logo, switch off or re-insert the battery and follow the steps from starting.