- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
AT&T Captivate Galaxy Glide I927: ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update
Good news for the users of Samsung AT&T Captivate Glide i927. The latest Official update of ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware is now available for this device. The firmware version is released officially by Samsung Electronics and can be pushed via OTA and KIES tool.
If the present firmware on the device is already rooted, so when you follow the process to update this firmware, root access will be cancelled. Apply the update only to AT&T and not on Rogers.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.
- Alternatively, for backup one can use KIES tool in the following manner: go to ‘Settings’, there select the option ‘Applications’ and then choose ‘Development’ > KIES Mode.
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- Install drivers related to 32 bit(x86) / 64 bit(x64) Windows.
Steps to install ICS 4.0.4 Firmware to Captivate Glide i927:
- To your PC, download – I927UCLG9_OneClick.exe tool.
- Switch Off the device and enter Download mode using Volume UP key along Power key. To confirm the section of Download Mode use Volume Up key.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB and open the downloaded ‘.exe’ file. Then, the ID:COM portion of the file turns yellow indicating complete installation of all the drivers.
- To initiate the updating process for the firmware, select “Start”. The process completes after 4-5 minutes. Reboot the device now.
If your device doesn’t turn on or is stuck at Samsung Logo, switch off or re-insert the battery and follow the steps from starting. By now you have updated your Samsung AT&T Captivate Glide successfully with the latest ICS 4.0.4 Firmware update. You can confirm this by going to “About Phone” in the “Settings” menu.