- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
- Deal – Nexus 6 Sale on eBay for $440 (Free shipping, no sales tax)
- Virgin America announces Android powered in-built entertainment system
AT&T Captivate Galaxy Glide I927: ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update
Good news for the users of Samsung AT&T Captivate Glide i927. The latest Official update of ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware is now available for this device. The firmware version is released officially by Samsung Electronics and can be pushed via OTA and KIES tool.
If the present firmware on the device is already rooted, so when you follow the process to update this firmware, root access will be cancelled. Apply the update only to AT&T and not on Rogers.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.
- Alternatively, for backup one can use KIES tool in the following manner: go to ‘Settings’, there select the option ‘Applications’ and then choose ‘Development’ > KIES Mode.
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- Install drivers related to 32 bit(x86) / 64 bit(x64) Windows.
Steps to install ICS 4.0.4 Firmware to Captivate Glide i927:
- To your PC, download – I927UCLG9_OneClick.exe tool.
- Switch Off the device and enter Download mode using Volume UP key along Power key. To confirm the section of Download Mode use Volume Up key.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB and open the downloaded ‘.exe’ file. Then, the ID:COM portion of the file turns yellow indicating complete installation of all the drivers.
- To initiate the updating process for the firmware, select “Start”. The process completes after 4-5 minutes. Reboot the device now.
If your device doesn’t turn on or is stuck at Samsung Logo, switch off or re-insert the battery and follow the steps from starting. By now you have updated your Samsung AT&T Captivate Glide successfully with the latest ICS 4.0.4 Firmware update. You can confirm this by going to “About Phone” in the “Settings” menu.