- Micromax Canvas A1 based on Android One – Specs and Features
- Spice UNO Mi 498 based on Android one – Specs and Features
- China made face recognition system with 99% success rate for payment gateways
- IUNI U3 Launched With Some Remarkable Specs and Features
- Micromax And Karbonn Will Launch Android One Tomorrow (15 September)
- LG launches G2 Lite to compete with new Moto G
- Android applications list for Chrome OS unveiled
- Moto X Pure Edition Will Be Launched In September
- Android KitKat 4.4 is running on 24.5% devices – September
- LG Launched 2 Smartphones Fino and Bello
AT&T Captivate Galaxy Glide I927: ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update
Good news for the users of Samsung AT&T Captivate Glide i927. The latest Official update of ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware is now available for this device. The firmware version is released officially by Samsung Electronics and can be pushed via OTA and KIES tool.
If the present firmware on the device is already rooted, so when you follow the process to update this firmware, root access will be cancelled. Apply the update only to AT&T and not on Rogers.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.
- Alternatively, for backup one can use KIES tool in the following manner: go to ‘Settings’, there select the option ‘Applications’ and then choose ‘Development’ > KIES Mode.
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- Install drivers related to 32 bit(x86) / 64 bit(x64) Windows.
Steps to install ICS 4.0.4 Firmware to Captivate Glide i927:
- To your PC, download – I927UCLG9_OneClick.exe tool.
- Switch Off the device and enter Download mode using Volume UP key along Power key. To confirm the section of Download Mode use Volume Up key.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB and open the downloaded ‘.exe’ file. Then, the ID:COM portion of the file turns yellow indicating complete installation of all the drivers.
- To initiate the updating process for the firmware, select “Start”. The process completes after 4-5 minutes. Reboot the device now.
If your device doesn’t turn on or is stuck at Samsung Logo, switch off or re-insert the battery and follow the steps from starting. By now you have updated your Samsung AT&T Captivate Glide successfully with the latest ICS 4.0.4 Firmware update. You can confirm this by going to “About Phone” in the “Settings” menu.
Latest posts by Ekta Jalan (see all)
- Motorola Xoom: Galaxy Nexus 7 Styled Firmware Update - September 27, 2012
- Tutorial: Sony Xperia Ray One-Click Rooting on ICS 4.0.4 - September 25, 2012
- Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 - September 25, 2012